• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Jericho PSL-9 II Vs CZ Rami/p01/p07 for CC?

Amatsukaze_DD

Weeaboo Prime
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2022
Fletcher, NC
Title, I've been on the lookout for a subcompact sized gun in DA/SA with decocker, with light mounting capabilities and ability to be cut for a red dot for ages. I'm a big fan of the cz75, i've actually sold all my other handguns to exclusively shoot my cz's both in CC and in stuff like uspsa. I currently carry a stock rami, but the rami can't carry a light, and I'm hesitant to cut it for an optic since it's discontinued and who knows if cz will ever bring it back. Was casually flipping some sites and saw the PSL-9 II from IWI, and am just wondering if anyone has one/has used one as a frame of reference.

For me the perfect CCW piece would be a poly framed, subcompact, stack and a half lower, with frame decocker, DA/SA, optics, lights, and coming in around 20oz. Unless I'm wrong basically nothing like this exists yet. The p07 is close, but it's compact sized and doesn't actually weigh much less than my p01/rami. Thoughts?

Title, I've been on the lookout for a subcompact sized gun in DA/SA with decocker, with light mounting capabilities and ability to be cut for a red dot for ages. I'm a big fan of the cz75, i've actually sold all my other handguns to exclusively shoot my cz's both in CC and in stuff like uspsa. I currently carry a stock rami, but the rami can't carry a light, and I'm hesitant to cut it for an optic since it's discontinued and who knows if cz will ever bring it back. Was casually flipping some sites and saw the PSL-9 II from IWI, and am just wondering if anyone has one/has used one as a frame of reference.

For me the perfect CCW piece would be a poly framed, subcompact, stack and a half lower, with frame decocker, DA/SA, optics, lights, and coming in around 20oz. Unless I'm wrong basically nothing like this exists yet. The p07 is close, but it's compact sized and doesn't actually weigh much less than my p01/rami. Thoughts?

P07 is your best bet, yes. It’s also cheaper to mill for an optic like an RMR over the P01 since you’d need the adapter plate for the P01.

I also think the p01 is slight longer than the P07 with a standard 15rd mag. I can get my whole hand on the P01 without a mag, whereas the P07 I need the mag in.

I recently just went away from the stack and a half (365XL) as my hands are just too big to draw and shoot them as consistent and reliably as my P01/M&P 2.0

The P07 is the same size as my P01.
I carry both, but carry the P07 most because it would be the easiest to replace if caught up in a defensive shooting.

The Rami didn't seem to gain me anything when trying to keep concealed.

So now the question is what kind of CC holster are you going to be able to run wanting Red dot and light?

The P07 is the same size as my P01.
I carry both, but carry the P07 most because it would be the easiest to replace if caught up in a defensive shooting.

The Rami didn't seem to gain me anything when trying to keep concealed.

So now the question is what kind of CC holster are you going to be able to run wanting Red dot and light?
naw, you can direct mill a holosun K footprint to a p01, I have one already set up like that. It's just a bit heavy for daily imo. Completely doable but idk if it's ideal.

naw, you can direct mill a holosun K footprint to a p01, I have one already set up like that. It's just a bit heavy for daily imo. Completely doable but idk if it's ideal.

I think you meant to reply to mine, and I said if he wanted an RMR type optic, he needs the plate. I prefer carrying a little larger optic on carry guns, specifically the SRO.

Idk I Carry a P01 with SRO and TLR7A with spare mag and it’s very reasonable. Gets a little annoying on bad days but most days it’s not bad at all. Good personal holster selection makes all the difference.

I think you meant to reply to mine, and I said if he wanted an RMR type optic, he needs the plate. I prefer carrying a little larger optic on carry guns, specifically the SRO.

Idk I Carry a P01 with SRO and TLR7A with spare mag and it’s very reasonable. Gets a little annoying on bad days but most days it’s not bad at all. Good personal holster selection makes all the difference.
Woops, ur absolutely right. What holster you using? I currently run my rami in an aliengear hybrid, it's comfortable but wide

I run my P01 in a Tier One Axis Slim and my M&P 2.0 in a Tier One Axis Elite. Both carry well, although the lack of light on the M&P makes it carry better for me.

The P01 with light and spare mag does push into my leg/groin area if you're wearing the belt a little looser, but I have little skinny hips so most guys don't have an issue. The M&P carries wonderfully in the Elite holster w/o the light.

Attachments

• IMG_9198.jpg
    IMG_9198.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9203.jpg
    IMG_9203.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9200.jpg
    IMG_9200.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 43
I run my P01 in a Tier One Axis Slim and my M&P 2.0 in a Tier One Axis Elite. Both carry well, although the lack of light on the M&P makes it carry better for me.

The P01 with light and spare mag does push into my leg/groin area if you're wearing the belt a little looser, but I have little skinny hips so most guys don't have an issue. The M&P carries wonderfully in the Elite holster w/o the light.
I use tier 1 for my battle belt holster for it...maybe time to pick one up for iwb from them. Cheers.