• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jesse vs Kyle

Shit show.

With the gas station incident and the New Orleans stuff in the book I cant see any reason to doubt JTBV.

The media connection seems legit to in so far as they need precedent to cover their lies and prevent their being fiscally liable. Seeing that in real time right now.

Shame.

I’m completely on Ventura’s side. Checked this out a while ago, Ventura is getting railroaded.

4D374E31-3C60-4A07-9C06-1CFBE9694222.jpeg

I believe anything is possible if you can pull off that look.

Reactions: mardad
One of my buddies is as brave and badass as anyone and I can personally attest. He can’t tell a story without embellishing, dramatisizing, and exaggerating it. I don’t care if it’s a story about going to the grocery store to buy bread...There I was...
I don’t know why he does it. The story was plenty fantastic without any embellishment, but it’s like he can’t help himself. It’s like it’s a challenger to make it better with every retelling. Sometimes I find myself making him back off on how many of them there were, or how drunk we were the night before, but most of the time I smile and say nothing. I don’t know why he does it. He just does.

Last edited:
That’s for damn sure.
Obviously NYT, but relevant:
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/...embers-benefiting-from-hard-earned-brand.html
And
https://thenewsrep.com/49382/navy-s...me-and-the-decline-of-the-quiet-professional/

It always is a shit show, but it isn’t like it’s new either. Successful military service was a requirement for politics since Ancient Greece and Rome. Audie Murphy was the star in the film about his heroism.

I tend to agree with Lt. Crowell when all is said and done.

Its interesting how Hollywood packaged Audie Murphy as a little boy, wholesome innocent.

For sure he seems to have lead a pretty scandal free existence for the short life he had but in his book he is a serious, determined, rational, professional, cold blooded soldier.

His "hardness" seems in contrast to the boyish looks.

Shame the military ever let him go as much as he desired to stay.

Reactions: diverdon
Chris Kyle may have been a great sniper, but it seems like with most people in this world money and personal gain mattered more than anything else. I think what may have happened was he could have said to one of his buddies “man I would like to knock that loud mouth JTBV out” next day buddies were having a conversation "yea that loud mouth JTBV was their last night Chris about knocked him out" week later from some other buddy that wasn't there "hey Chris I heard you knocked out that loud mouth JTBV at the SEAL graduation......ha ha dude that's awesome I can't stand that guy" Chris not wanting to let down his buddy just went with it.........then next thing you know it was a snowball going down the hill he couldn't bring back.

The above is 100% pure speculation on my part, but I personally suspect that is how it may have happened.

It's funny how the blob goes after a dead guy who cant defend himself. Didnt all of this shit start with Jesse saying something after Kyle was dead?

If it was such. Huge issue why not bring it up while the guy in question was alive?

I read the original book. Misplaced now so I cannot check it. As I recall, the claim was that Chris ended the fight with a single punch. I have seen a few fights end that way, but Jessy is a BIG, Athletic guy with layers of muscle to asorbe most of the damage. It is real hard to finish a fit guy who is bigger than you are with a single punch. Especially considering Ventura with his wrestling experience should have moved out of the punch and further robbed some of the force. Also Keep in mind that, in the original book Ventura was not named but just called (something like) grizzle-face. Chris was tricked into using the name on Bill O'Reille's show.

So what started as a harmless sea story morphed into something out of control, and did great damage to both men. Yet like many here I feel sympathy for neither of them. They both chose to gather money from celebrity, and this is what gave the story such legs. We both know in every corner bar there is some drunk boasting of past glory, mostly no one cares.

Hero's are human. Like you and me with flaws. It hurts when someone you hold above yourself has flaws. Whether or not it is a war hero, LEO, firefighter, teacher etc...
You guys should look into Marcus Luttrell. Many stories/reports that he is not the man many believe. As someone above said. Why the need to embellish when the truth is amazing in the first place.

Last edited:
The issue at hand is if the jury would have given the same verdict had they not been told about the insurance policy. He was asking for a lot more 5-15 million... and the jury was split 8 to 2 on its decision.
https://www.twincities.com/2015/03/...ation-verdict-should-be-tossed-attorney-says/

The appeals court agreed with the defendant
https://www.twincities.com/2016/06/13/jesse-ventura-appeals-court-new-trial-american-sniper/

U.S. Supreme Court turned ventura away.
https://www.twincities.com/2017/01/...to-reinstate-1-8m-verdict-in-defamation-case/

Last edited:
Yes he did. And to lump Ventura and Kyle into the same group, or to assign shared blame is dishonest. Not a word Ventura has spoken on the matter has fallen to scrutiny.

I'll keep all opinions to myself except one. I despise liars. I can generally sniff them out quickly and I sniffed this one out early on. I know which one is lying.

I hate how this thing turned into some kind of emotional fiasco after he died. The whole thing was straight out a a leftist playbook, calling him shameful for pursuing a postmortem case. If anyone was severely defamed, are they supposed to just drop the case and forget all about it because the guy died? Ventura is the one that has to live with the damage, not kyle. Now I am assuming ventura is telling the truth here. If he's not, then fuck him.

The issue at hand is if the jury would have given the same verdict had they not been told about the insurance policy. He was asking for a lot more 5-15 million... and the jury was split 8 to 2 on its decision.
https://www.twincities.com/2015/03/...ation-verdict-should-be-tossed-attorney-says/

The appeals court agreed with the defendant
https://www.twincities.com/2016/06/13/jesse-ventura-appeals-court-new-trial-american-sniper/

U.S. Supreme Court turned him away.
https://www.twincities.com/2017/01/...to-reinstate-1-8m-verdict-in-defamation-case/

If I understand it correctly the one litigant is able to seek pity in the press and public but the other must keep quiet.

Judges order should be once it gets to that level everyone shuts the fuck up.

I'm not sure if Ventura did himself any favours with that lawsuit.
I think perhaps his reputation might have been better if he had just brushed it off as artistic license and laughed about it till the media lost interest a couple days later.

I'm not sure if Ventura did himself any favours with that lawsuit.
I think perhaps his reputation might have been better if he had just brushed it off as artistic license and laughed about it till the media lost interest a couple days later.

Agreed but the accusation and content of the supposed statements Ventura made prior to the disputed incident are such that he had to refute them.

Reactions: ArmyJerry and Fig
Im not a SEAL but I expect the SEAL community knows the truth of this incident and for both sides the beliefs of their fellow service members and the effect on their reputations probably mean more than the law suit determination.

I don’t like JTBV. He’s a loudmouth, self promoting, know it all ass. I liked Chris Kyle and thought he was a good dude. He died trying to help vets with what helped him (shooting), so I hate JTBV more for trying to say he shouldn’t help because he’s not a psychatrist. That’s bullshit.
Kyle (at least in interviews) reminded me of guys I know. That said, I believe JTBV and not Kyle. Although, JTBV may have said some shit along the lines claimed, i.e. soldiers are dying for nothing. He’s a radical libertarian and I can believe him saying shit like that in a bar no problem.

I don’t understand people who have heros and who hero worship getting all busted up about bullshit like this. Be your own fucking hero, and worship in church.

I saw this interview and it was the first I heard of this. I am not a fan of Jessie, though I don"t hate him. I was a big fan of Kyle at the time. My gut did not believe Kyle's story and quite frankly even if it did happen, I thought it was rather unbecoming of a Seal on Seal squabble to be rehashed it in Kyle's book....

he sued him when he was alive,

QUOTE="TacticalDillhole, post: 7250696, member: 71545"]Easy to make a bunch of shit up when the guy you are accusing is dead.
[/QUOTE]
True, but Kyle was dead before any statements or deposition could be made by him. That’s why it’s easy for Ventura to make shit up or make Kyle out to be the bad guy in this. There is not a single shred of evidence that it happened or didn’t happen. Kyle should have never said anything and Ventura should just shut the fuck up.

He was in a bar with a bunch of guys and not one witness stepped forward to confirm kyle’s story. Think about it..

Reactions: diverdon
And it’s not the getting punched part that is hurting him; it’s the why he got punched part. Being known as a guy who shit on his own is pretty defaming

Be your own fucking hero, and worship in church.
My hero is my father, and I agree with the second part of your statement. Spot on which is why I never gave any fucks about the whole Chris Kyle/Jesse Ventura shit show.

I haven't even seen the movie about Kyle. And I probably never will unless it shows up on Netflix for free some day and I have nothing better to do.

Last edited:
but none of them confirmed that JV was knocked out or that a punch was even thrown. JV is an ass and shouldn't be pissing on the dead guys memory, but this being the case, all the witnesses that were there, none confirmed Kyle's claim that he knocked JV out with a punch. IF there was a scintilla of truth to it many would come out and shut JV up publicly by now. I dont think Kyle would punch a guy that was 30 years older than him either, no matter how much stupid shit came out of his mouth

The fact that Kyle died is really tangential to the legal matter. A man has a right to defend a besmirched reputation. Conspiracy theories aside, Jessie didn't plan this to be hashed out after Kyle's death. His intent was clearly to confront Kyle alive and kicking. It just worked out this way. It seems obvious that this harmed his reputation even before it went to court.

The other purported lies in Kyle's book and, the lies perpetuated after Kyle's died i.e. that this was falling on the widow, corroborates, some of what Jessie is saying.

As for Kyle, most great men are seriously flawed..... Nothing new there.

wasn't aware of that Jerry

At one point in the video JTBV says he was in arbitration...just CK, JTBV and a judge in a room and JTBV was asking only that he recant punching him and CK looked right at him and said "I punched you".

SO they actually argued this when they were alive, in the same air space.

Whatever happened that night - my main point that JV is a POS is that originally he was all about "only repairing my reputation/ bringing the truth to light.. I dont care about/nor desire any money from the Kyle family". And yet, here we are.

Whatever happened that night - my main point that JV is a POS is that originally he was all about "only repairing my reputation/ bringing the truth to light.. I dont care about/nor desire any money from the Kyle family". And yet, here we are.

And he addresses, and in fact had his case tossed, because it was made known that his suit would be paid through publishers insurance not the family.

Family went public claiming they would be bankrupted to get public sympathy while at same time making JTBV a public villain yet reality is family was protected and publisher would pay.

Leading to reason why publishers/press filed Amicus briefs endorsing over turning the finding as it makes them liable for whatever fake news the write.

Sounds sound and Ill admit JTBV doesnt often make sense.