• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Jet Suppessor Cleaning

ryhag1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2008
New Mexico, US
Anyone had any luck in cleaning the Jet cans? I recall something about GM engine cleaner that was thrown around. What about ultrasonic cleaning?

Re: Jet Suppessor Cleaning

What make you think it needs cleaning?

If you must, soak it in the old metal can GM Top Engine Cleaner, or Kroil, save it after you dump it out for next time, then give it some baths in Alcohol to get GMTEC or Kroil out, if I owned a can for a POS company like Jet I back over it with a track loader, but thats just me.

I clean my suppressor in a part cleaner called Chem-Dip, available at auto parts stores for cleaning carburetor parts. It comes in a can about the size of a paint can. It's seriously toxic stuff.

Wear heavy rubber gloves, and clean it outdoors.

Stick one end in the can, agitate it up and down a few times, and let it sit for a few minutes. Turn over, and do the other end. Wash <span style="font-weight: bold">very well</span> with water, and let it dry in the sun.

Then take a drill bit just smaller than the hole, and drop it through to knock off any little bits sticking out in the bullet path. It comes out clean as a whistle.

I do that about every 500 rounds or so.

Thanks guys for the advice. I will get it a try, well maybe not run it over with the track loader.

lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What make you think it needs cleaning?

If you must, soak it in the old metal can GM Top Engine Cleaner, or Kroil, save it after you dump it out for next time, then give it some baths in Alcohol to get GMTEC or Kroil out, if I owned a can for a POS company like Jet I back over it with a track loader, but thats just me. </div></div>