• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Jet Suppressors

dirkreader

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2004
Texas
Does anyone know how to get a hold of Jet? They owe me a suppressor and don't feel compelled to return any of the nine emails or 12 phone messages that I have left for them.

Re: Jet Suppressors

Great, now their answering machine isn't even doing it's job. Hey Jet. If you're going to sponsor a match make sure you are willing to honor your commitment.

It looks like I'm going to get screwed by Jet.

lol, sounds like the JET I've heard about, every time I time I go there they are closed. There are peoples cars outside but they wont' answer the door.

It took me over 2 years to get a 308 can from Jet. They need to make some serious changes.

Buddy has been waiting on his suppressor for just over a year now. Were pretty sure they screen their calls

If it is going to take a year, then just say so. But what is disturbing is that they said the paperwork was already sent in to AFT the first week of November which is an obvious lie.

Thanks again. that would be most helpful. I wonder if Mike's wife broke the phone too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bioyatexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still gathering some info, but apparently Mikes wife has fucked up so much stuff over there at Jet it is Pitiful, But no excuse. Monday I will have a better chance of hooking up with them. Will let ya know! </div></div>

Bullshit, Jet has been fucked up for years.

I ordered a suppressor and after a year I still had no product. I also tried to call ect. with no avail. Finally, I had my father-in-law who is an attorney write them a certified letter stating they were to contact him within 10 business days or he would begin a legal pursuit against them. They did respond and agreed to return my money less $150 for processing fee. We still had to hound them to get it back. Get an attorney friend to help you with this matter or they will screw you like they do everyone else. How do people like that stay in business, we all need to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau about these clowns!!!

Well today is the 2nd of February and they didn't answer their phone again. I've sent them another email which I'm sure will go unanswered. I'll keep checking back every week or so and let you know how it isn't progressing.

Everytime I go to a tiger valley match there is a guy from Jet there. I know he is here on the hide. Might look in the TV team sniper threads and find is screen name and go from there. Sucks to hear this kinda stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chris Hinijosa </div></div>
Yup thats him. Seems like a nice guy and always has some cool toys out there.

You know it sucks to see this......both Chris and Mike are what i would call friends.....and their product is second to none.....but the customer service is bad.....get with chris and he will help you out i'm sure.

i was refering my customers over there for suppressors...but now i use some one else....they just couldn't deliver.

hope it works out for you.

Well time for this week's update. Three more phone calls and what a surprise no response. I would like to thank everyone that has provided information as to how I might get a hold of Jet, but as of today none of the numbers have produced any results.

I'll keep trying. If anyone else has information I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again.

You know as you read this post, understand that this is not one person, not one site, but many of members and most importantly shooting friends. This is one of several manufactures that people need to be steered clear, do not recommend the products nor promote the name. Simply said, there are several manufactures here on the Hide that make a superior product to this one and most of all, actually have CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Dave is just down the street from me and I like his cans as well.

i think I'm just waiting till Montana get finished fighting the tax battle in court..... who knows might be able to wait a bit and save the tax stamp and the reg process.

it's nice to live in texas and have so many good manufactures in the state.

sorry to hear about your trouble.

i did make mention of your problem to one of the locals here that talk to mike and the guys out there alot. at least he might be able to pass along a message. not making any promises just trying to help out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CKA1 ? </div></div>

I'm thinking BUKAKKE69

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SHARK suppressors. enough said. support the HIDE vendors!!! </div></div>

Absolutely. I just got one of Dave's cans. I had a problem with the threading of my GAP BARREL (nothing to do with his Suppressor. The threads on my barrel were cut a bit oversized). He actually met me at the airport and chased the threads on my barrel for me. What other vendor would do that? Ridiculously good customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwhite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm on board with Shark too.........you won't find a nicer guy anywhere.</div></div>

+1

Dirk, Chris called and said your paperwork was submitted in Jan, and it's pending ATF on your dealer to dealer transfer, man.

CKA, thanks for the update. That transfer shouldn't take more than a month. We will see what happens in early March.

I have chosen not to go with Jet as well. After asking around all I heard was bad. I too wanted to "keep" the money in Texas. Heck just last week 2 other hide members I was having lunch with went off about Jet. One has a useless "vendor" coupon won at a match and the other has been trying for a year to get his can built... Now he is trying to get his deposit back. They are fucking to many of the wrong people to be successful.

B708 get a Shark, your cash will stay in TEXAS, and you'll receive a superior product.

WOW, I must have been lucky. I got my .223 can from them back in '04/'05 and didn't have a problem. It is a pretty good can too.

Well now it is March 1 and I still don't have any answer from Jet about anything. No call, no email, no suppressor...

Wow!!!
I am currently looking to buy a suppressor for my latest project. I emailed Jet this morning and got a phone call back about 30 minutes later. In doing my research on suppressors I came across this post. Makes the narrowing it down process a bit easier....scratch one more vendor!
I know the phone number on their page is 361-758-9381 but the number I got the call from was 361-758-9380 so you may try calling that one.

It took me years... Yes, plural, years to get my Jet. It works great.... After they fixed it because the base plate was not plum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rufus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, I must have been lucky. I got my .223 can from them back in '04/'05 and didn't have a problem. It is a pretty good can too. </div></div>

I got a .308 can from them in '04 in 3 months. Of course I also got a HD Rifles .308 in 4 months in '03...you just happened to get in before everything went to sh*t.

Call the NFA Branch WV at 304-616-4500, tell them the dealer is jerking you around and you just want to see if your transfer is being processed or not.

Did some business with Shark while back, everything was very professional and prompt, I would highly recoment Dave as well.

Scooty Poof Sr.

We have responded with updates to your suppressor as they were available. The last being that you paperwork had been approved and you will be forwarded the tracking information when it ships out.

To those who are on the bandwagon of dogging someone, it is totally out of line. We have in the past been a large supporter of many match prize tables held all across the country. There are many on this forum that have received free suppressors and were very grateful for them. Do you have any idea how much our small company has donated to law enforcement agencies that at the time only had the budget for 3 suppressors on a 5 member team? Many times we have donated the other $2000 in suppressors to allow them to have what they needed. Also countless times we have done the same for the special units being sent to Iraq and Afghanistan that simply do not have the funds available to give all individuals in their team matching kits.
On the other hand out of the many thousands of dollars in suppressors and other contributions we have given away you have a couple who want to make a mountain from a mole hill. Sadly this is at a time when we were allocating our new DMR-10 rifle to upcoming prize tables for our donations of bigger and better prizes that competitors can actually put their hands on and take home with them at the end of the match, unlike suppressors which have to be transferred.

Where we have failed is in our customer support. We have been working to fix this problem and appreciate those who have been patient with us. We previously expanded our staff for the machining side and are working on adding additional staff in the office.

To all of our supporters we appreciate everything you have done for us. We would not have known about this thread if it weren’t for you.

To all of you who are currently waiting on orders thank you for being patient. We will work through and contact you as soon as we have information for you.

We stand by our products and their performance has never let us down. As some of you know we have started on our 2nd generation suppressors and they have shown to be even better in sound quality and our 30 calibers are weighing in at 15 ounces and 12 ounces for the .223 models. This goes to show that we are very strong in the suppressor industry and continue to grow and improve our products.

We know that our customer support is not as strong as it should be and we are working to improve this.

Jet Suppressors

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like i have said before their stuff is second to none.
</div></div>

I have two of there suppressors and they work GREAT. Sounds like they are wokring to keep up with there demand.

I gotta say, it took balls for Jet to come in to a public thread on a forum that has a reputation for brutality and admit to their shortcomings. I applaud that effort.
If they actually come through for their customers who have been shortchanged it will go a long way in shoring up their rep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gewehrmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta say, it took balls for Jet to come in to a public thread on a forum that has a reputation for brutality and admit to their shortcomings. I applaud that effort.
If they actually come through for their customers who have been shortchanged it will go a long way in shoring up their rep. </div></div>

this is classic... a reputation for brutality ? with 8 posts and nothing in their profile. sounds like a voice of experience. Maybe he missed the part where I own 4 Jet Suppressors.

In most cases. <span style="font-style: italic">(generally speaking)</span> I would say criticisms on this site are earned.

I have a Jet suppressor, delivered in 2004. It works.

Sinners always have the opportunity to repent, and we are all grateful for the opportunity to repent.

Repentance in behaviour, though, in my experience tends to be more difficult than merely expressing the intent.

"The Sniper Thunderdome" has a nice ring to it....

Jet is now located in an expanded new building and has also expanded their production capabilities. They did have some "growing pains" during this time of expansion. Now with the building complete and the hiring of some really great employees (which includes Chris) I am sure they will be able to put customer service first.
Everyone I know that owns a Jet Suppressor thinks they "rock".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone I know that owns a Jet Suppressor thinks they "rock". </div></div>

Spoken like the true owner of one.
cool.gif