• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewel AR trigger?

Dirtdigger

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2011
South Dakota
Out of all the "trigger" posts on here i have never not once seen anyone mention a jewel ar trigger.

A while ago i had a local gunsmith who also does alot of bench shooting suggest a jewel 2 stage to me and i went for it and i love it. I will admit he put it in and tuned it for me.

As for the gun, its on a dpms lr308 24in. First stage is two pounds and second is one pound. So far with about 400 rds down the tube i have zero light primer strikes.

So i'm just wondering why no love?

Re: Jewel AR trigger?

The Jewell AR trigger has a very nice break, however it has a very slow lock time. The hammer spring has a tendency to lose its strength over time (less than 3,000 rounds).

You can modify a standard GI hammer spring to fit.

The trigger and hammer pins can work themselves out the side of the lower since the hammer pin is not held captive with the standard j-pin and the trigger pin is held with a weaker, thin spring.

At one time it was the only viable, affordable, and available 2-stage AR match trigger. The Geissele High Speed National Match trigger is a better deal at a competitive price.

Thankyou for enlightening me a little. I need another trigger for another AR and i have been wondering why no one uses the jewell so i guess i will have to try a different route next time.

Use KNS pins with them. I have found that since it is a fully adjustable trigger, it seems to show differences in receivers. I have two, and they do feel a little different in each receiver.

The replacement springs are cheap and I keep a spare set on hand.

My oldest Jewell AR trigger must be close to 15 years old, have not had any trouble with it. Each time I buy one it is made different than the previous. They continually upgrade their product. I have run several different trigger setups, Jewell and JP are my favorites. Jewell for finesse shooting, JP for speed shooting. I agree with desertfox that KNS pins are a smart upgrade. They also give me a place to index my trigger finger, when it’s not in use.

Jewells have to be some of the nicest feeling triggers out there, but I've found them to be on the delicate side. I've gone to Geissele for the AR platform.