• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Jewel Trigger in FN-SPR?

Re: Jewel Trigger in FN-SPR?

My experience with Jewell triggers in Model 70's (I have two of them) is, they are not "drop in fits". In both my cases, some material needed to be removed from the trigger guard. With my FN SPR, I had George Gardner lighten the factory trigger to 3#.

Don

If you can't get the factory FN trigger where you want--then I highly recommend the Rifle Basix for Winchester. All the simplicity of the stock trigger, but the ability to adjust it to where you want.

Thanks for the advice. I happen to have a jewel mod 70 trigger, was ganna put it in my SPR. I guess I will just sell it.

No it is NOT just a drop in. I put one in mine. Installation on the action is simple, but, the stock and trigger guard need significant work with a file and dremel to clear space for the trigger. I have not tried the Rifle Basix trigger but that sounds like a much easier way to go.

The stock parts can be tuned into a really fine trigger. Just make sure you let someone who knows what there doing do the work.

I adjusted my own and its really not that hard to make a factory trigger a great trigger, although I have some expirience doing so a novice should be able to do it as well just pull up a diagram of the trigger online and adjust

just by all means do plenty of saftey checks prior to loading live ammo into the firearm super important good luck