• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Jewell HVR install

wadevb1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2006
W. MI
Package arrived and former trigger removed. The Jewell's sear looks like it is held in place by a small pin on the left side in a small circular housing. I have a tendency at having to do things twice so I want to install it correctly the first time.

After the trigger in installed, do I then push the retaining pin in? The safety will not move either way at this point either, possibly related to this small pin.

Wow, what a nice trigger but they could improve on the instructions.

Remington 700 HVR top safety bolt release model.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Jewell HVR install

Your right. Once she was pinned everything worked fine. My first Jewell, now I understand the praise.

That is one of the nicest triggers on the market. I've been shooting one on a 700 243 Varmint for several years and it has been completely reliable.

Greg L.

I bought my first Jewell from another hide member a couple weeks ago. With it and a new McM A-5 installed, my "el-cheapo" Remy SPS-V is looking and shooting nicely ;>).

Sometimes a little (I mean little) clearancing needs done on the sides of the Jewell assemblies, but they are great triggers.