• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewell trigger opinions

mahiman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
College Station, Texas
I purchased a preowned FN Spr A1 about 10 years ago. It came with a Jewell trigger. It was set at about two lbs.

Just got the instructions from Jewell on adjusting.

It’s now set to instructions at 2.5 lbs. over travel also set to instructions.

What do the hide masters think of the Jewell triggers from a decade ago?
Keep or upgrade to newer technologies?

Opinions appreciated.

I purchased a preowned FN Spr A1 about 10 years ago. It came with a Jewell trigger. It was set at about two lbs.

Just got the instructions from Jewell on adjusting.

It’s now set to instructions at 2.5 lbs. over travel also set to instructions.

What do the hide masters think of the Jewell triggers from a decade ago?
Keep or upgrade to newer technologies?

Opinions appreciated.

They haven’t changed in decades I don’t believe. I like them. No need to invent a reason to ditch it. I think issues that people experience with them are tied to adjustment. Specifically minimal sear engagement, minimal pull weight, and near zero overtravel. One of the few triggers that can reliably go from a few ounces to several pounds in adjustment range.

Just mailed one off to Jewell today for a Winchester Model 70 (same as yours) due to issues. It won't hold set. The 3 screw design is stupid simple. So it has to be an internal issue. Not impressed at the moment. Had them in the past on R700s, no issues.

I like mine well enough, I’ve bought bix and andys as of late but that’s just fashion I guess. I have zero qualms with my hvr.

They are great triggers. Nothing wrong with them at all.