• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Jewell trigger, remove the rem style bolt release?

rc2125

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2007
Granger, Indiana
Have a jewell trigger with the rem style bolt release. Got a new action with a side bolt release. I know what happens when taking rem triggers apart, but would hate for this jewell to go "boing" when taking out the two large pivot pins, to remove the bolt release deal. Anyone ever successfully remove the bolt release deal from a jewell trigger? I could just remove it without taking the pins out, but it would be cut into a few pieces at that point.......be nice to have the part if I ever needed it later for some reason.

Re: Jewell trigger, remove the rem style bolt release?

Use a wire (or similar) to follow the pins as you remove them so everything stays lined up.

Good shooting!
Ron

They come apart very easily. If thats all you want to remove you won't have problem. Just keep track of the E clips and safety spring.

The pictures of the trigger guts look like a swiss watch. Just followed the pins with a glock tool/dowel, no clicks or anything out of place. Put some washers in place of the release piece, took about 30 seconds to do.