• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewell Trigger Trouble Shooting. PLEASE HELP!

GUNENTHUSIAST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
SE PA
I have a new Jewell HVR top safety trigger for a rem 700 I just installed in my EDM Arms XM408 and am having a big problem. When function testing the trigger it works fine without the safety engaged, but when the safety is on and I try to pull the trigger and then switch the safety off, the gun fires. It releases the firing pin as the the safety lever is moved off. Is there an adjustment problem in the trigger or what?!

Re: Jewell Trigger Trouble Shooting. PLEASE HELP!

Yes there is . It sounds like you don't have enough sear engagement . The instructions that came with the trigger will tell you how to adjust the sear. If you don't understand the adjustment steps have a smith do it for you. If in doubt don't do it yourself.

Regards,
Paul

Had that happen with one I got used, and found someone had previously tried to polish the safety cam, and removed too much metal. Ended up sending it back to Jewell to have a new safety cam fit to it. My used trigger just cost me more than if I had bought new.

I'd look at Bolt's suggestion. This will at least give you some direction to go with. Then call Jewell and talk with them.

The remington trigger can do the same thing but I don't worry about it. I fixed the problem by not using the safety. Never had a problem again. If I don't want the gun to fire, I don't have a round in the chamber. If I've got a round in and decide not to fire...I lift the bolt and slide it back a bit.