• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jewell Trigger

L. Perry

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2018
I am having trouble with a jewell trigger in a Surgeon action.
Have tried it in two different actions and it is the same in both of them.

It will not cock all the time unless the safety is engaged, Have tried to adjust sear engagement and it doesn't seem to make any difference.
It will not slam fire or fire when you take the safety off. Any ideas?

Wash it out really good with lighter fluid or similar and try again. If that doesn't work, send it back to Jewell. They will rebuild/service it for about $35. I have one in a R700 that sometimes fired when I closed the bolt and I sent it back and they worked on it and sent it back. It's perfect now. They thought maybe some foreign material got into it.

If you mail it to Jewell they will make sure the trigger is fine. They don’t usually charge and return postage’s is on their dime. They stand behind their product. Just don’t expect a note, email, or phone call informing you of what they may or may not have found. Just include a not stating preferred settings. Hope this helps.

I took it all apart and cleaned everything very well and it works now.
Thanks again!