• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jimmy Buffett RIP

His music was always fun if not my favorite. Saw him live a couple of times and that was always funā€¦

Total gearhead, too. Old planes which is a real insane hobby. And a hell of a businessman.

76ā€¦ young considering how fit he was.

Sad day for Parrotheadsā€¦ sorry for your loss!

Sirhr

He was a vaccinated covid nazi who required the vaxxx for his concerts and cruise ships. Fuck him.

This xxxxx a million. Fuck off jb

Great guy great music. He had flaws just like all of us. Read it was skin cancer turned to lymphoma. Hope he finds his beach in heaven.
Rest in peace old friend.

Reactions: Sandhog308
"Living on sponge cake
watching the sun bake
all those tourists covered with oil.

Strumming my six-string
On my front porch swing.
Smelling the shrimp it's beginning to boil"

Reactions: fx77
the list of musicians of my gen are dying off rapidly. a long list over past few years. liked most of his stuff.

Well damn. Supposedly my late step-dad partied with Jimmy and the Eagles down in Florida years ago. From the story he told, it was a long night of drinking and story telling.

Some time after, Jimmy wrote the song "A Pirate Looks at Forty." My step-dad always thought their conversations that night inspired the song.

I always wanted to contact Jimmy and ask, but never did, if he would have even remembered it.

I'll never know if the story is true, but my step-dad wasn't the type to make stuff up. Regardless, I think it's cool, and every time I hear the song, I think of him.

Always loved the music. Never liked the liberal lean that would come out. Never could grow a pencil thin mustache, but sang why donā€™t we get drunk and screw more times than I can count. HS track coach gave me the 4 cd set of Beaches, bars, boats and ballads and I was hooked.

So many tough guys, . Fucking inbreeding has you guys all fucked up the ass .

Boo-Hoo. Another liberal down. I did enjoy his music, though.

Like most artists, Iā€™m completely at odds with his politics, but truly enjoyed his music. He was a hell of a story tellerā€¦his books are great. And many a fun time was had sippinā€™ umbrella drinks with my girlfriend (now wife) back in the day listening to his music.

One time growing up in Florida on the south side of Tampa Bay, me, my best friend, and his much older cousin who was old enough to drive stopped by a shitty little roadside bar for a beer (and cokes for us kids) after spending all day fishing; cinder block building with no a/cā€¦just a poorly maintained swap cooler in the back. They had the front and back doors propped open with fans going to cool the place off. We were there just a few minutes, enjoying our drinks and listening to the juke box, when this old beat to hell Buick LeSabre with a torn up landau roof pulls in, and a couple of scruffy-looking dudes get out.

The driver reached behind the front seat and grabbed a guitar case before they walked into the bar. He walks in and says ā€œIā€™ll play anything yā€™all want to hear for free beer!ā€ and commenced strumminā€™ his 6-string, and taking requests.

He knew every song we threw at himā€¦or made it up as he went along!

Yes, it was Jimmyā€¦and the drummer from the Coral Reefer Band; the dude who played the calypso drums. He just sat there keeping time on a beer tray while Jimmy played guitar and sang, not 10 feet away from my bar stool.

It was a very formative experience in my 12-year-old mind, and have been a fan ever since. Saw many of his shows over the years and it was always a good time.

I for one will miss himā€¦despite the stupid politics.

Gonna go to the range and then weā€™ll go out for cheeseburgers and margaritas tonight ā€¦ will take a sip in his honor.

Edit: pic from last nightā€™s dinner; my wife says her sliders also count as a cheeseburger!

IMG_4957.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JJMoody and Ronws
But Jimmy Buffet syndrome lives on, selling everything you own to buy a sailboat and head for the Caribbean, more than likely wrecking it on a reef about half way there.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
i couldn't hardly listen to any music if i paid attention to their behavior, politics,or race. CSNY,jefferon airplane,bobby bland,chuck jackson,zep,the who,rhonstadt etc. i can't seem to ignore it when it comes to movie actors.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Well.....some asian bitch wrecked into my truck right in front of the Margaritaville restaurant in Newport Beach Ca. on the Pacific Coast hwy.
I was minding my own business driving straight down the road and she was going the other way, did a left turn right onto me.....and pushed my truck right into the margaritaville parking lot.

At least the dumb bitch had good insurance, it paid off pretty good.....but I'd rather still have that truck any day of the week.

Somewhere around the late 90s we went to the Keys with some friends of ours who owned some property there. My wife and I were riding with them, sitting in the back seat of their full-sized van. We were stopped at a red light and a faded yellow old CJ-5 with no top pulled up and stopped next to us. The driver was in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops. I didnā€™t think anything about it until he happened to glance up at me and I instantly recognized him. Yep, it was Jimmy Buffet in a raggedy old CJ-5.

Cause of death.

How did Jimmy Buffett die?​

Buffett died from Merkel cell carcinoma, an aggressive and relatively rare skin cancer, that eventually metastasized into lymphoma.

Buffett was reportedly first diagnosed with skin cancer four years ago. A friend of Buffett told TMZ that the cause of the "Cheeseburger in Paradise" crooner's illness wasn't exactly surprising to those who knew and loved him, explaining, "He lived his life in the sun, literally and figuratively."

Somewhere around the late 90s we went to the Keys with some friends of ours who owned some property there. My wife and I were riding with them, sitting in the back seat of their full-sized van. We were stopped at a red light and a faded yellow old CJ-5 with no top pulled up and stopped next to us. The driver was in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops. I didnā€™t think anything about it until he happened to glance up at me and I instantly recognized him. Yep, it was Jimmy Buffet in a raggedy old CJ-5.
Yeah, he blew out a flip-flop, stepped on a pop top. Cut his heel had to cruise on back home.
But there was booze in the blender and soon it would render that frozen concoction that helped him hang on.

Last edited: