• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JJ Rock closed?

ReturnFire

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Sep 23, 2019
    Tyndall AFB
    I’ve been looking into a JJ Rock 50 BMG action but I can no longer find their website. I had heard they weren’t taking new orders until they get caught up but I’m curious if anyone knew anything

yea...I was looking at the SSXL for something larger than a .416.....but crickets.

Yes they do just ask them. And the jj rock has a tennon sleeve that has been known to have issues i personaly hate fixed barrel recoil lugs and rails cause you cant change them if you want to . The pierce rail has pins and heavy duty screws they dont come loose ever and they make the new 50x repeater bmg action

One piece bolt as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106-190051_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20230106-190051_Chrome.jpg
      288.8 KB · Views: 254
    • Screenshot_20230106-190103_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20230106-190103_Chrome.jpg
      253.4 KB · Views: 257
    Looks like one hell of an action!! In talking with a gunsmith I know who rebarreled ELR rifle in 375CT with a JJ Rock action and it showed more signs of wear on the bolt lugs then he would like to see after about 900 rounds.

Does that big Pierce have an XP cut on the underside? Or, are my eyes playing tricks on me? It may just be a repeater but if you have any other photos I’d love to see them.
    What is xp ? it is designed as a bmg repeater are you talking about xp recoil lug . What you are seeing is notch that a recoil lug gets installed into as a option or you can use a remington style . It is produced as round or multiflat depending on chassis type the action in photo is a type of xp designed for the cadex action bolt is one piece and it uses a bat style extractor

Last edited:
    Reactions: ohiofarmer
    Looks like one hell of an action!! In talking with a gunsmith I know who rebarreled ELR rifle in 375CT with a JJ Rock action and it showed more signs of wear on the bolt lugs then he would like to see after about 900 rounds.
    Its related to the sleeve in the tennon being adjusted wrong from the factory the sleeve has the locking lugs made into it

Ok thanks good to know.
    This type of sleeve design is not a bad design. It was used by the Klein Gunther German vornbach it just has to be permanently fixed where it cannot move change or be adjusted or come loose and of course the original setup has to be done by a competent person and it must be timed and manufactured properly

What is xp ? it is designed as a bmg repeater are you talking about xp recoil lug . What you are seeing is notch that a recoil lug gets installed into as a option or you can use a remington style . It is produced as round or multiflat depending on chassis type the action in photo is a type of xp designed for the cadex action bolt is one piece and it uses a bat style extractor
    The only other photos i have is in design fase and solid works and a few in the raw bolt in production as you can see in the photo serl # 1 as this is the prototype soon more photos from all angels well be available and i will plaster every thing in a new post

What are the differences between the 50X and the 20X?
    20x single shot 10" long was designed specficly for the ex- nihilo based cartridges its 2" in diam. Designed specficly for elr no ejectors the 50 ix is 1.960 in diamiter 12" long and is a repeater with ejectors and designed for available chassis platforms that why the difference in diamiter. Both have the same diamiter bolts and lug desplacement. Tennon is the same size but i believe its a little longer on the 20x and obviously the bolt is longer on the 50x. The 20x has 3 stock bolts to mount to stock or chassis the 50x has 2. Both the 50x and 20 x can be custom ordered slight differences In barrel lug design and bottom conture ranging from round to multiflat .

Last edited: