• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

jlk 140gr

goober

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Auckland , New Zealand
How many of you shoot the swamp works JLK 140GR vld projectile .tHE bc is awesome for a 6.5 projectile -Bryan Litz says it has the highest BC of all the 6.5 pills 3000fps it has a .689 bc -average of .639. Are any of you having great experiances with this projectile ??

Re: jlk 140gr

I have not run that bullet yet, but the 175 and 180 long boat tails in 30 cal did exactly as advertised. They're a very consistent, high quality bullet.

I have no reason not to trust Bryan's evaluation of the ballistics, and all the reviews of JLK bullets are that they are extremely high quality bullets.

If you call, Swampy will send you a sample size large enough to work a load up and see how they work in your rifle, it's not free of course, but compared to buying 300 bullets to find out they suck it's a good deal.

I'd be surprised if you were disappointed. I plan to buy a sizable quantity of his 180gr 7mm bullet soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....If you call, Swampy will send you a sample size large enough to work a load up and see how they work in your rifle, it's not free of course, but compared to buying 300 bullets to find out they suck it's a good deal.....</div></div>

Interesting, got a phone number?

here you go mate all the way from New Zealand comes the number , swampys number is
Phone: (417) 831-2309 9AM-5PM Central Time Mon-Fri

E-Mail: <[email protected]>
Swampworks Inc. - JLK
1810 Farm Rd. 197 North
Springfield, MO 65802

I have been shooting these bullets in my 6.5x284. Just like any VLDs, OAL can be tricky at times, but once OAL obtained-they have shot extremely well for me. In my rifle, they like to be 0.020 into the lands and shoot like gangbusters.

BTW, Bryan's G7 BC, was right on for me when I shot for the first time over 600 yards. I had first round steel hits with his BC and the JBM's dope out to 1000 yards.

I like them so much, I just received 600 of them to shoot this spring.

The lead time on them is several months because they're hand made bullets. Only a certain number of them are made every year so you are probably seeing a lot of guys who are unwilling to found their success in a match season on the availability of a small quantity of bullets, exceptional as they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lead time on them is several months because they're hand made bullets. Only a certain number of them are made every year so you are probably seeing a lot of guys who are unwilling to found their success in a match season on the availability of a small quantity of bullets, exceptional as they are. </div></div>
That does explain alot and stands to reason for the apparent low amount of posts about the best 6.5 BC projectile about today .

hey will yall take a look a my post on the 6.5 x 284 loads and give me some suggestion when yall get a chance .

thanks

I work up a load of the 130s and 140s. They shot extremely flat. I put and order in for 8000. If you are going to shoot them, then order enough for the year.

These do work great but I have to single feed them because of the COAL is to long. I haven't tried seating the bullet down. They shoot great farther out.