• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JLK Vs. Berger

hunter81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
HOME
Just had a friend tell about JLK bullets. How do they match up to Berger .308 210 Gr VLD

Re: JLK Vs. Berger

Can't speak to the 30 cal but I have run both in 7mm. They are very similar and both shot superb. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

not sure why but i've had much better results in my rifles with the bergers: 190 gr 30 cal in 308/300 win mag, 180 gr in 7mm wsm, 130 gr 6.5 in 6.5 x 47. the 7mm jlk's didnt want to stabilize in my rifle, thought the jlk's may be great in yours...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not sure why but i've had much better results in my rifles with the bergers: 190 gr 30 cal in 308/300 win mag, 180 gr in 7mm wsm, 130 gr 6.5 in 6.5 x 47. the 7mm jlk's didnt want to stabilize in my rifle, thought the jlk's may be great in yours... </div></div>

What twist was your 7mm bbl?

I shoot the 7MM 180's out my 7Mag. I love 'em. I shoot them out of a 1-9 bbl w/ no problems. I still shoot VLD's in other guns, I think they're great projo's too. But in my 7mm I definately prefer the JLK's.

I have shot both in 6.5 caliber in 140g varieties. The JLKs shot better in my setup, significantly so.

Your experience may differ.

You need to order your JLKs before you need them though, there is some lag time with ordering. I have been pleased with JLKs customer service.