• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

John Madden goes boom for the last time

I saw a story about him this morning that was a real eye opener to what kind of person that he was.
When Darryl Stingly got hurt in a game, paralyzed. After the game he went to the hospital to see him and comfort him. Darryl's coach was not there and was heading back with the team. John called him and berated him for not going to the hospital. John and Darryl became friends and before he died he said that he truly loved John for all he had done for him and his family.
I sure hope that story was true.

Madden was a player's coach, I'm talking about the linemen in the trenches that did the heavy lifting but didn't receive any glory.

He was by far my favorite commentator and the only reason I watched an otherwise boring, unwatchable game with Frank Gifford, whom I couldn't stand.

Some of Madden's quotes "If Roberto Duran played football, he'd be a Raider."

"Look, the refs too fat to pick up the ball!"

I remember back in the day when he would state that he would start his all-pro team with an o-lineman pick and that pick would be John Hannah.