• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

John Ross, author dead, 4-30-2022

Marinevet1

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017

One of his works .............RIP

Unintended Consequences[edit]​

Unintended Consequences is a controversial novel that mixes real events with fiction. These events portray a continuing oppression of the American gun culture that, the author believes, has occurred since the passage of the National Firearms Act of 1934, which made it a federal offense to possess a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or silencer without first paying a $200 fee to the United States Treasury.

The cover of the book shows a woman dressed as Lady Justice being menaced by a heavily armed agent of the ATF; it contains several scenes of graphic sex and violence. The book has been repeatedly confiscated in Canada by customs officials. The publisher no longer ships copies of the book to Canada as a result.[2]

Its thesis, as discussed in the Author's Note - A Warning and Disclaimer, is that hostile bullying by a government will cause a revolt, and the revolt will be successful if the area involved is large enough, the area has a sufficiently distinct culture, and the rebels use low-tech leaderless resistance. It has sold briskly at gun shows but is generally not sold at traditional bookstores. (As of June 2009, the price for a new copy hovers around $120 and even used ones are priced at over $50 on auction sites because the publisher is almost sold out.)[3]

In 2000, Ross had his lawyer write a letter to the ATF claiming that their agents harassed him for writing his book, threatened vendors for selling his book and approached his "amicably separated" wife to elicit information against him.[4]

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Also may be a posthumously published sequel:

:cry: Wow... Just wow...

I know that he is not the kind of person who'd fall for the clot shots. I wonder if it is complications from 'long COVID' that some sufferers have and has been discussed frequently. If so that is yet another 'NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE' notch for the fucking CCP.

Ross was one of the Elmer Keiths of our community. Like the posters on that forum are saying, I doubt that there are any serious gunnies who does not have a copy of UC, usually a hardcover and collector grade edition, as a main centerpiece. Prayers and words of encouragement for Tammy and everybody else in his life who are bearing this loss right now.

Met John a few times at the Creek . Quite a fellow. I think i need to reread his book again.
    RIP John you are missed.

I've never read this book. Honestly didn't even know what it was about. I will definitely look for a copy now.

There is a great used bookstore in my area that may have it.

I've never read this book. Honestly didn't even know what it was about. I will definitely look for a copy now.

There is a great used bookstore in my area that may have it.
    Order online, it can be tough to find and expensive. I ordered another hard back copy for my son when he gets older.

Someone I know in my industry has been dealing with blood clots and also had the beer flu. Thanks, Fauci, for approving funding to the lab in Wuhan, China (documented fact) that brought us this. Good thing Fauci doesn't actually treat patients. The death toll would be higher.

Good bless John Ross and his family.

That'd be the only book I've read 3 times and plan on reading it a few more times. Never could find a reasonably priced copy but I did find a PDF copy.

My first release hardback is priceless to me. I've had large dollars offered and I've turn it down.

So much for me wanted to get it autographed....

Thanks for the link, great pics. I purchased a new copy, as mine is so tattered.