• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater John Wick 2

While good, the first one is better. This story just seemed to drag on and on. The action was great but the story was weak, unlike the first one IMO.

Going to see it tonight for V-day, wife picked it out as she is a "fan" of Mr. Reeves.

the shootem part was good, plot weak, Keanu stiff as ever. That being said, I have a challenge for anyone yet to see this one: see how you do on the body count!

I thought it was great. Don't understand the gripes about the story. We met a guy who was apparently instrumental in his exiting the assassin world. He used a Marker to get out, and thus got pulled back in by a guy willing to betray his family to further his own ambition.

He tries to eliminate JW and the gun battles ensue. JW finishes him off and in doing so breaks a cardinal rule putting him at odds with the little community of assassins bound to come after him in Part 3.

I'm hoping to learn what the impossible task was that the marker aided him in completing that got him out. Might be related to the marker he got at the end of part 2.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Well I was going to upload a photo of the weapon from the movie, but I haven't gotten a hang of the new(old) site linking. So here is a link to the reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Glocks/comments/5q69s8/john_wick_2_weapons_who_else_is_ready_for_some/

Got your back on this. ;)
Think I'm gonna watch it tonight.

fgEs2d5X0n5TGCziUF378KF1jQT8u7q8WqmTPkmJeI4.jpg

Definitely worth seeing if you haven't yet! I was laughing pretty hard during the opening scenes. I'll refrain from saying which ones specifically just so I don't spoil it for anyone.

I enjoyed it. Ammo management is your responsibility is what I was thinking thru some of the scenes. Went all 3 gun on'm. ;)

Forgive my ignorance, please. What brand of fire arm is that with th T logo?

No ignorance at all.

TTI TR-1 AR-15

Wick appears to use a "Taran Tactical Innovations Rifle model TR" with a BCM Gunfighter stock, a BCM KMR handguard, BCM vertical grip and a unspecified Trijicon Accupoint scope with an RMR on a canted rail. A guard following Ares (Ruby Rose) is also seen with one in a similar configuration. [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"160","width":"500","src":"http:\/\/www.imfdb.org\/images\/thumb\/3\/35\/TTI_Rifle_model_TR1_Ultralight.jpg\/500px-TTI_Rifle_model_TR1_Ultralight.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"11","width":"15","src":"http:\/\/www.imfdb.org\/skins\/common\/images\/magnify-clip.png"}[/IMG2]

i saw it , good movie, gives a whole new meaning to " New York Reload" , if you catch my drift.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Second one was better than the first imo. Obvious that the budget was higher as well. Story is okay, but we're here for the action, and it was great, you can really tell Keanu trained hard for this, it shows, and I respect that they went through the trouble to make it authentic, rather than your run-of-the-mill Tom Cruise stuff. I heard Keanu took Jiu-Jitsu, 3-gun, Judo, and stunt driving classes for months to prepare for this movie. It was enjoyable to watch it all come together. The technical aspect of each scene was a pure joy to watch. Enjoy!

The beginning was hilarious when the big/mean guy showed up and J. Wick was like... Yea, my hands hurt and I'm done fuckin' around, here's some bullets for you. :cool:

No one took up my challenge for a body count? I will wait until it comes out on DVD to try to count them up.

It was AWESOME!!! He even trained 3 gun to shoot that scene. Also, king of the double taps!

For someone wondering about the guns, Taran Butler did the weapons training for the movie. So many of the guns were wearing Taran Tactical parts. Who ever has that pile of parts on page one has some serious coin in the game. I run his basepads on my ARs. Good stuff! Look up some of Keanu Reeves training on YouTube. It's actually very impressive. Also, DONT go see this movie if you haven't seen part one! This is not a stand alone movie, it is a continuation of part one! We didn't know that, so we went and bought part one so we understood everything. I'm not complaining, I just didn't know, and it was a good excuse to pick up another "shoot'em up" for rainy days!

It's definitely dependent upon seeing the first one, particularly to compare the ending with the ending of the first one as well (John's fate vs. Ms. Perkins). Did anyone else other than me find it really weird that they didn't acknowledge the name of the maker of the AR when they named the Glocks and Benelli by brand and model and even the scope of the AR? Very obvious all 3 were done by Taran.

Ugh... another month until it's out on blu ray. I'm just ecstatic that they started work on the 3rd one before this 2nd one even hit theaters!

And nah, I'm not surprised they didn't acknowledge Taran Butler in the movie. The director himself has trained with Taran multiple times and you can see some of his runs on Taran's youtube channel. Even if they filmed it, it'd just end up on the cutting room floor after editing.

Great film so entertaining. Loved the themes..dog, rules, honor...
Casting excellent, production values lighting, scenery, photography superb...and most importantly..there will be a John Wick III !!!!

I liked JW2. I really liked that he continued to run out of ammo when he "borrowed" other individuals' guns, but was great at incorporating tac and combat reloads when appropriate.

Needs better plot. The action was great, but action alone won't carry many movies.

RMD

I thought #2 was really intense. I cried(on the inside) when he trashed out his car. When #2 ended the only thing I wanted to know is when was #3 coming out! It was super entertaining and that's all I'm looking for in a good action flick. My only knock was the cgi gore in the art museum. I wanted to see some legit splatter on priceless stuff.

Saw the movie and enjoyed it for what is was.......a fun action movie. However, everyone gets so tied up on how awesome the "tactics" of the movie were, that I can't help but laugh. My wife, who is probably the least "tactical" minded person laughed all through the movie and made funny observations.......like...

Wife: "So, if the Russian mob boss at the beginning knows he gonna come for his car......instead of fleeing the warehouse, why didn't he just have one of his guys wait up high in the second story of the warehouse with a scoped rifle aimed at the car.....then simply shoot him the moment he gets to his car....."

Me: "Um....Yeah, I guess that would make sense & be pretty easy to do....."

Wife: "So, if he's supposed to be this mythical "bogeyman" type assassin......why is he always just walking around in the middle of the street where ever he goes......in plain view.....?"

Me: "Um.......I dunno...looks cool I guess....."

Wife: "Ok, this is stupid......he sneaks into a tunnel to kill some important lady, then simply walks back through the middle of a concert where everyone can see him including the lady's bodyguard?? Why didn't sneak back out the same way he got in??"

Me: "Good question....."

Wife: "Why is he always shooting people 2 or 3 times....? Wouldn't 1 shot to the head save ammo & be quicker....?

Me: "Yeah, it definitely would be..."

Wife: "Why is he hiding a shotgun in the tunnel....? Shouldn't he just carry more AR15 magazines instead......?

Me: "Yeah, that true.....I wouldn't give up my AR to swap to a shotgun either......"

Wife: "Can his suit really stop all those rifle rounds.....? You need one of those!"

Me: "No.....that's fake honey.....If they could stop rifle rounds, he'd still die from the blunt force trauma..."

Wife: "Doesn't that 1911 only hold 7 rounds....?"
Me: "yep......."
Wife: "so, why did he just use up 6 rounds only those 2 bad guys.....?.....that's stupid..."
Me: "let's just enjoy the movie honey.......please....?"