• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories John66 scammer

Lucreau

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
CO
@john66 is a scamming POS. I posted a wtb ad for a badger comm mount. He messaged me, then sent pics of 2 different mounts claiming them to be the same and his. And then sent a photoshopped picture of another different mount with his name next to it. Asked why it was photoshopped then never responded. He was reported but not yet banned.

phone number he sent is (930) 200-1702

Attachments

• 736FC3FB-A6A0-4E51-AB3B-856C4926EF66.png
    736FC3FB-A6A0-4E51-AB3B-856C4926EF66.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 443
  • 8C6AAAA1-7AEE-4460-83E7-2072CD078143.png
    8C6AAAA1-7AEE-4460-83E7-2072CD078143.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 407
  • DF637247-D949-466E-BA7F-6DEA3FF53C2C.png
    DF637247-D949-466E-BA7F-6DEA3FF53C2C.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 455
Same here he offered a scope i m looking for, at a very convenient price, saying that has no use because of an accident. Asked to send me photos of the scope with screen with my thread on the background, did not answer!

Attachments

• 57D71EC5-103B-4D2E-82B4-DAAE14628507.jpeg
    57D71EC5-103B-4D2E-82B4-DAAE14628507.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: Lucreau
Sounds sketch.

Just out of curiosity how can you tell the last pic with his name is photoshopped - I’m looking at it but can’t tell.
You can just tell he wrote it on paper, took a pic and photoshopped it on the mount pic. Shadow on the paper and it just looks unnatural

Photos he sent me are from a 2018 classified

And his activity shows he’s still messaging ppl

@john66 is a scamming POS. I posted a wtb ad for a badger comm mount. He messaged me, then sent pics of 2 different mounts claiming them to be the same and his. And then sent a photoshopped picture of another different mount with his name next to it. Asked why it was photoshopped then never responded. He was reported but not yet banned.

phone number he sent is (930) 200-1702

Reactions: Lucreau
Damn you found the pic, nice! I knew that prick stole it from somewhere

he literally copy and pasted that ad in a message to me

he just joined!!!! of course hes a scammer never do deals over PM if they are new with 0 feedback
Yeah unfortunately that’s not the case for most people. Had I not dealt with scammers in the past, that Photoshop job was pretty damn good to pass as real

Yeah, people are getting damn good with it, but the shadow around the paper is too defined for the amount of light being put off in the picture.

New member and all 15 of his posts are of the useless "welcome" and "nice gun" types. He's still here and engaged in conversation. Hopefully if we keep bumping this thread, others will read it and take caution. But he's speaking with someone. Hope they are careful.

Same here he offered a scope i m looking for, at a very convenient price, saying that has no use because of an accident. Asked to send me photos of the scope with screen with my thread on the background, did not answer!
Damn thats smart.

Reactions: amazzara
Thank you for posting this, thank god I did my research and searched this guys phone number number, he responded to one of my WTB posts on Longrangehunting and had the same phone number. This is hit screen name, he was saying all the same shit.

bruno73
Thank you for posting this!​

he just joined!!!! of course hes a scammer never do deals over PM if they are new with 0 feedback

Been said many times here but this is really all there is to it. DO NOT deal with people who just joined and have no feedback. Any legit person also will have no issue sending you pic of their drivers license.

We see the same pattern lately of people getting scammed when posting a WTB ad. Do your homework

It’s much easier for a scammer to search the WTB ads, copy a pic of what you want, photoshop the pic, then pm you the info

They don’t need to pay a fee to pm you after seeing your WTB ad and nobody else will have a chance to google search the photo or question the scammer besides the person they pm’d

It does seem like more people are catching onto this method but always be aware when someone with little/no or meaningless history claims to have exactly what your searching for

Even some legit members have been hacked in an attempt to scam another member. Remember it never hurts to ask to have a phone conversation or meet in person, even if it’s just to see their reaction to the request