• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Joined the 6.5 club!

Whiplash6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
As my first post on Hide I would like to show off my new Rem 700 6.5 Creedmoor.

Specs:
Rem 700 action
24 inch Medium Palma Bartlien 1:8 twist cerekote-Patriot brown
Vias muzzle brake 5/8x24
Timney trigger set to 2.5lbs
Ptg m5 bottom metal
Magpul 5 round mag
leupold 15 moa steel base
Medium Seekins rings
Weaver tactical 4x20x50mm
Grayboe Renegade
Harris bipod
Diy beer koozie cheek pad

Gunsmithing:
Rws Gunsmithing: Barreled action
Alamo Precision Rifles: Stock/duracoat
Elam Custom Gunsmithing: Marine Tex bedding- Action/bottom metal

Cleaning Supplies:
Kg1, Kg2, Kg12
Tipton 36 inch rod
Tipton bore guide
Tipton steel core nylon brush and jag

I plan on running factory loads for the break in / first 100 rounds. Let me know what y'all thing!

Attachments

• photo52817.jpg
    photo52817.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 16
Congrats on a nice gun.
Do yourself a favor and do away with the steel core nylon brush. JMO always use brushes with brass cores. Love KG products.

This is my first post here. Very nice gun, I am looking to start a build and was wondering how do you like the grayboe stock?

My stock colors are modeled after the Manners sponge camo- od green, black, and fde. The Grayboe stock feels really good! I haven't had a chance to take it out to the range yet, so I'll have a better review once I take it to the field. I was worried about not having an adjustable cheek riser but it's fits me perfectly with 0.92 rings. Without the bipod and with 5 rounds of ammo it weighs 13 lbs even.

Congrats on the 6.5 choice. I really enjoy shooting the 140 ELD's. Great job on the sponge camo and would also like to hear some results on the Grayboe stock.

Quick range report from a couple weeks ago. Here is shot 13-18 after a 12 shot break-in period. I'm pretty excited about the results from the factory eld's! I picked up two pounds of h4350 and plan on doing a work up on some 143 gr eld-x's soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 10
Also I added some olive drab paracord to my scope that I picked up from hobby lobby for $4 per 100 foot.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.PNG.jpg
    IMG_1256.PNG.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 15
Five shot group at my local 3 hundred yard range which qualified me for to use the 400-600 yard range.

Attachments

• IMG_1288.PNG.jpg
    IMG_1288.PNG.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9
First picture was my first two shots at 413 yard hit right in the appendix, then I adjusted 0.75 mils and landed three hits just right of center mass. Not bad for 12-19 mph Houston wind!

Attachments

• IMG_1289.PNG.jpg
    IMG_1289.PNG.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1290.PNG.jpg
    IMG_1290.PNG.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 7
Dude! You live in Houston. Do not do a break-in. Either take the rifle to Eric at Shooters Station west of Conroe on Hwy 105, or to Pete Pieper in Hempstead, to get the barrel diamond lapped. I know Eric can do it, and a guy told me yesterday that Pete also will do diamond lapping. Check with one or the other, and do whichever works for you. There is no reason to burn barrel and waste time "breaking in" a barrel, when you can get it diamond lapped one day, and shoot your best groups ever the next day.

I actually live in Pearland I'll keep that in mind for my next rifle. Just shot rounds 40-60 today.