• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    It Not Batman Joker, Action CG, feel good date movie, comic book fluff . and not for everyone .
    He worked his ass off to make it worth the 10-$ I paid to get in theater . Joaquin Phoenix is talented, the performance Dark as Fuck and everyone is different and at some different point will make you uncomfortable and make you think .

Last edited:
    Joaquin Pheonix is probably one of the best actors in hollywood at the moment and has been for sometime. He just prefers scripts with substance and thought over mindless CGI bullshit. Naturally he kind of sticks to Indie's but damn if you've seen "you were never really here" or "the master" the man is brilliant. Much like Bale will go to extremes to change himself physically to fit his role.

I'm eager to see it. But i love dark character studies. One of my all time favorite movies is Se7en. Not to empathize with John Doe but i think his character is fascinating in the movie. Fincher is one of my favorite directors though and there isn't much he produces i don't like.

What was unsuspecting is that Todd Phillips made the Joker and it's looking phenomenal. When i heard the director of "The Hangover" was doing it i was shocked but hell glad to see i was wrong. Tip of the hat.

Joaquin Pheonix is probably one of the best actors in hollywood at the moment and has been for sometime. He just prefers scripts with substance and thought over mindless CGI bullshit. Naturally he kind of sticks to Indie's but damn if you've seen "you were never really here" or "the master" the man is brilliant. Much like Bale will go to extremes to change himself physically to fit his role.

I'm eager to see it. But i love dark character studies. One of my all time favorite movies is Se7en. Not to empathize with John Doe but i think his character is fascinating in the movie. Fincher is one of my favorite directors though and there isn't much he produces i don't like.

What was unsuspecting is that Todd Phillips made the Joker and it's looking phenomenal. When i heard the director of "The Hangover" was doing it i was shocked but hell glad to see i was wrong. Tip of the hat.
    -
    It good and dark, 'same time' you will leave the theater satisfied, but you wont have a smile on your face. ..LOL . He transformed himself to Joker, actually turning joker into an actual chronically mentally ill human being . 2 hr. movie, Can't say much more, get past the 1st bloody hour, Joaquin Pheonix really performs shines brilliantly .

Reactions: 5RWill
    I really enjoyed it. The way Phoenix transformed him self into the joker was really an art. He is a legit psych patient though.

The laugh in itself was creepy. Not to mention you get to understand why he is so messed up. He couldn’t catch a break for anything.

Overall it was good.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Heard an interesting comment from a lady on Fox that was reviewing it.

She was asked to respond to some group of idiots that said it was a case study on 'toxic masculinity'

She said that's an interesting question given that the character had his masculinity attacked at every point in his life and responded violently.

She said maybe there's a conversation to have there, if we keep forcing men to deny who and how they really are and shoving them into a box that doesn't fit, should we maybe expect some of them to respond in ways we didn't expect.

Pretty witty response I thought.

Saw it last night. Great movie. What he did to his body is astounding. Look at him in Gladiator compared to this. The nutritionists on the set must have told him to follow a normal vegan diet.

The movie really makes you feel bad for him and kinda route for him to lose it.

Oh, and it definitely paints Thomas Wayne in a bad light. Every other movie portrays T. Wayne as a wealthy but noble man. Painted him as a rich prick in this movie.

I haven't even seen a trailer or anything but just the talk of this movie and the premise of it made me want to see it from the get go. I've never been much for superhero stuff, even when growing up but the batman stuff has always had my interest because it seems actually plausible and more in line with some sort of reality and real world antagonists. Part of me wonders, how would this movie had turned out if Heath Ledger were still around to play it. I thought he did great in the dark night. To the point where I wasnt surprised he lost it in reality.

Reactions: Basher
    This goes along with heath ledgers joker. Well heath ledgers joker goes along with this according to the time line.

They both were very good and you can see how pheonix’s joker turns into ledgers joker if that makes sense.

Suicide squad joker was terrible but they are getting back on track now.

I agree with all of the above. My wife and I saw it this weekend. Definitely dark, but a good movie. It will be interesting to see if they continue along this story line and show how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman (and how Joker becomes the super villain from the comic books).

Holy fuck i thought it was a masterpiece. Adored it from start to finish. Maybe that’s a bad thing lol. Joaquin killed it per usual masterful stuff by him. Todd Phillips also did a great job. Soundtrack was extremely good too. Man i like the world he built. I want it to continue so badly.

Reactions: Basher
    I loved it! I’m biased though, because I’ve always loved all things Joker, especially Heath’s dark and twisted version. The Joker, for some weird reason I haven’t yet been able to put my finger on, is my favorite villain of all time. This one was different, and Juaquin took it to a new, gritty, real level. It’s oh so dark, and it was a slower, deeper thought kind of film. I wasn’t sure what to think right after I saw it, but it’s a masterpiece. Long live The Joker!

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I loved it! I’m biased though, because I’ve always loved all things Joker, especially Heath’s dark and twisted version. The Joker, for some weird reason I haven’t yet been able to put my finger on, is my favorite villain of all time. This one was different, and Juaquin took it to a new, gritty, real level. It’s oh so dark, and it was a slower, deeper thought kind of film. I wasn’t sure what to think right after I saw it, but it’s a masterpiece. Long live The Joker!

I'm not sure if he's my favorite villain maybe definitely up there but the descent into madness is just wonderfully portrayed by Phoenix in this film. I think part of the Joker's appeal is the unknowns of his origin. But this was about as good as it could get IMHO for an origin story. The ending line is so damn good also.

I like Heath's Joker a lot but to me personally Pheonix's joker fits more than Heath's. Heath's is more specific to Nolan's universe to me where as this one while grounded in reality in almost every way, just reminds me of what the Joker kind of embodies which is a psychopath. Granted his motivations aren't unknown but his descent and revelation upon "finding himself" when you truly understand the extent of his madness and how much control he had lost was amazing. The R rating i think also lends a lot more weight to the entire film. The impact of Phoenix killing is 10x more visceral than Heath doing in a PG-13 blockbuster.

It was a great movie, he really pulled off that character. Now I hope this isn't seen as propaganda and an instruction manual for those antifa dorks

Reactions: Shellbeak
    Gah! Stop it! Stop thinking like the left, like we can’t have nice things because some idiot will copy it. The crazies will always be crazy, they don’t need a movie for “instructions.” If the movie doesn’t make them snap, something else will. You can’t change that, so stop playing into that kind of thinking. Let us freaking enjoy the movie for what it is, and stop fear mongering that “it could be bad, so you shouldn’t have it.” That line of crap from the left is the stalest of turds by now. Nothing happened like the twisted left-leaning media wanted, so drop it and enjoy the movie! Gosh! :rolleyes::LOL:

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
    Oh, and it definitely paints Thomas Wayne in a bad light. Every other movie portrays T. Wayne as a wealthy but noble man. Painted him as a rich prick in this movie.
    -
    Wayne was painted in bad light ( branded political 1% prick ) . But that was threw the looking glass of the chronic mentally ill that is off his Med's . The dialogue that Wayne spoke was logical passionate, but Jokers brain was just cobwebs .

Don't think it was an accident that the ( clown faced masked ) street anarchists written into script, also paralleled the mental insanity of the current antifa (bandana face masked) that are violently swirling around looking for focus and in the end find there leader, hoist him to his public pedestal on the bloody wreckage he was pulled from .

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Definitely didn’t like the movie but on the other side of the coin his acting was unbelievably amazing. It was dark
    all the way through and I almost left about half way through. I appreciate
    his acting ability which is unparalleled and the work that went in the sets
    Was a true work of art. Going into the movie I had no idea how dark the movie was going to be but if a Phoenix
    was in it I knew it would be good.

Maybe my opinion on the movie will change if I see it again. The first time I saw Pulp Fiction I thought it was stupid
    But after watching it the second time it became my all time favorite. Its just a mood thing I think.

Joker was great, anyone who sees political subtext is missing the point. he even states "i dont believe in anything" and "I'm not political". The only political subtext if there was any was about the lack of mental health services and a social safety net. Joaquin was terrifying in a good way.

Thought it was very well done. One of the things I liked most about it was that it never seemed like you were “supposed” to feel or that you “should” feel a certain way, at any point in the movie.

it was Just telling a story with no effort to make the characters into forces for good or bad or telling us how to think but shedding light on the possibility of what could happen if the the millions of marginalized and down on their luck people “lose it” and decide to not play by society’s rules anymore

Saw it for the second time last night and notice some subtlety in Phoenix's eyes towards the end that was amazing. These two shots towards end on the Murray show. The look in his eyes when he actually embodies the Joker and is no longer Arthur Fleck. It's vastly different than his eyes throughout the show. Suddenly it's like he's had a revelation and knows who he is. Which is told through the plot itself but the change from start to finish is just awesome acting. Man is easily one of the very best in Hollywood at the moment. Also the more i watch the movie the more perfect Hildur Guðnadóttir 's score seems to fit his character.
    1571422567122.png

1571422722231.png

Ok Im resurrecting this thread cause I just watched it. This is probably the best movies Ive ever seen. I never liked the joker or his character. But phoenix and the director of this movie made a masterpiece.

I never knew the reason the Joker had an odd laugh, but it stems from the abuse he suffered and his brain invented that action as a way to cope with whatever event was happening at that time.

The fact that his brain invented social interactions with that black chick (Neighbor) is from Joker wanting so desperately to be accepted, respected as a person, and just have someone to interact with.

And the citizen population needing a catalyst for an uprising, and the joker being lifted up as that catalyst is the recipe for what he becomes.