• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jon Beanland

Sharpsman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
Rayville, La.
As long as Jon continues to build rifles that will do this....I'd kiss his arse twice a day!

6x47JB by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Ten shots from 1000 yards and the lower two are my first ones. I forgot to take into account the temp change from a previous session.

Looks about like my last group at 840 with my 300wm Jon built me. He should be calling me in a month with my 6.5cm. He is the finest gun plumber I know. It's a bonus that he happens to be one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I can't say enough good things about Jon.

That's incredible

He has the parts right now for my 6.5 x 47
Should be complete in a couple of weeks

This thread has me all jacked up to get mine

And that is not a small number. :)
To your credit though, you have never steared me wrong. And Jon was the first place you sent me.

Same here. My first Beanland is a laser and my new .308 should be leaving his hands in a few days!

As long as Jon continues to build rifles that will do this....I'd kiss his arse twice a day!

Ten shots from 1000 yards and the lower two are my first ones. I forgot to take into account the temp change from a previous session.
Well your gonna be a kissing arse sonafahgun........because he's gonna do that!!!!!!

Very nice.....curious....how long did you wait for your build? Did you supply all the parts?

Very nice.....curious....how long did you wait for your build? Did you supply all the parts?

He is pushing 8 months wait, but it's worth every agonizing second when they shoot like they do. You supply the parts and he plumbs it all up. If you have an idea of what you want, he can help you fine tune the "grocery list". At least with his wait times, you have plenty of opportunity to change things if you decide on a new path, or some other idea comes to mind.

Tell me about these targets you are showing pictures of. Sizes and material and whatnot. I like them. Not as much as your rifle, but I like them a lot.

I have another 4-6 weeks before he calls for my parts. I'm having him build my shorty .308, 16.5" , to post up in the short barreled thread.

He is pushing 8 months wait, but it's worth every agonizing second when they shoot like they do. You supply the parts and he plumbs it all up. If you have an idea of what you want, he can help you fine tune the "grocery list". At least with his wait times, you have plenty of opportunity to change things if you decide on a new path, or some other idea comes to mind.

Thanks Huck....8 months is do-able in my book....I was thinking it was a year or more...

Tell me about these targets you are showing pictures of. Sizes and material and whatnot. I like them. Not as much as your rifle, but I like them a lot.

ricktarget01 by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Tgt frame and bulls were originally made for me to use for practicing with my M1874 Shiloh Sharps for Creedmoor shooting. Large plate is 5/8" mild steel, 44" bull is 3/8" mild steel, and the 20" white bull is AR400 1/2" plate. I sometimes paint the 20" bull black with an all-white background as shown! The AR400 is TUFF! A 300 WM won't even make a dimple...the rounds just splatter and the smaller 6.5 impacts show up like a 5 carat diamond shining in a Billygoats arse through a spoting scope from 1000 yards.