• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP 15 Precision or KAC SR 15 LPR

pnorris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
As the title says, I was all set on the JP, however, I may be able to pick up a KAC for a little more. I intend on using it as a bench rifle and perhaps for small game in the future. Your thoughts? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: JP 15 Precision or KAC SR 15 LPR

I can't speak about KAC as I have never shot one. Having shot JP's, Noveskes, Larue, JP is my favorite. What kind of configuration are you considering?

JP ALL THE WAY, they are super accurate and built rock solid.

JP 15 (forged and not billet) with Medium contour 18" barrel. The KAC is an 18" as well and is called their LPR. I have not heard really bad things about either. That is why this decision is super tough. The KAC will be about $340 more.

You might check the group buy going for KAC right now. He has a really good price on the LPR. I just ordered one. It has a Krieger barrel, so I think accuracy wise it will be great.

Where can I find info on the group buy? Unfortunately, I will need the stock pinned, as well as the compensator.

If the LPR is anything like my mod 0 (and my soon to be mod 1 carbine) then I'd go with a KAC.... the smoothest recoil, ambi lowers and a badass rail system are all good reasons.

The only downside to knights is all the proprietary parts (ie. stripped bolt runs $225).

Get a hold of cmdecker here on the hide for the KAC group buy.

They run pmags though, right? That is what my research has shown. Holy crap the cold war has started in my house and with a buddy. I will be broke soon
smile.gif

honestly, I would get whatever you can get in your hands sooner

I'd go with a JP. Having owned a JP in both 5.56 and .308, I must say that they are perhaps the best built rifles bar-none. Fit,finish, reliability and accuracy are exceptional - with price tag to match ... : )

Just my 2-cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BORG_888</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must say that they are <span style="font-weight: bold">perhaps</span> the best built rifles <span style="font-weight: bold">bar-none</span>.</div></div>

Maybe perhaps sometimes, well on Tuesdays and Saturday afternoons the best thing bar-none you say?