• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jp 15

pnorris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
Can anyone give me some input about this rifle as to dependability and quality. In other words can they perform like a battle rifle. I know their accuracy is outstanding.

Re: Jp 15

Well, I don't think you are going to be disappointed in his reliability, accuracy, he has been building ARs for quite awhile. I think there are quite a few top shooters that are winning matches with his rifles also, precision and multi gun.

Great rifles, mine runs and runs. My favorite ar15 by far.

They are very well designed and are reliable along with being very accurate. You will love it if you can find one.

I had one this summer..it was a shooter for sure and the parts are the highest quality. I used their barrels, heat sinks, gas blocks, forends, and Cooley conpensators for several more builds after owning that rifle.

You can't go wrong if you can find one!

I saw one in a local shop yesterday for $3750 which is about $1500 more than they were before the shit. Glad I got mine! Great gun. I'm trying to get a LRP 308 right now.

I have several JP's and they have exceeded all my expectations. If you pick one up, get one!

They can also build you one if you can find a lower

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They can also build you one if you can find a lower </div></div>

According to JP's website, they are no longer accepting work for customer supplied lowers.

JP's website says they are currently only doing full rifle builds. Any lowers on hand are being reserved for full rifle builds and they're not accepting shipped-in lowers for builds at this time.

http://www.jprifles.com/2.8.php

One positive point in their policies is that if you order a complete rifle and the politicians do something silly they will ship you the lower so you can DROS it and then you can ship it back to them so they can complete the build-- assuming they have enough lowers on-hand at the time.

JP's are quite reliable as malfunctions in 3-gun cost time and points. That's where a good percentage of their rifles go so they're certainly built for both accuracy and reliability. However, JP does recommend a full mass operating system for any rifle that might see "critical" usage; the full mass operating system gives a little more cycling authority at the expense of a slightly higher recoil impulse.

I understand that. If the guy is looking for a full JP15 rifle like the OP stated, then give them a call as they will have them in stock.