• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP 22 Upper

bantaman2

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2011
Washington [WA]
Has anyone put significant time behind the JP .22 upper? what kind of accuracy has been normal for this gun? I would love to pair it up with my CTR02

I have one, mated to a JP complete lower, and the rig has issues as a precision RF gun, at least in my experience.

First barrel would only shoot 3MOA @50 & 100y with match ammo, which was not acceptable to me, or to them, so they replaced the barrel. Good. Next barrel was/is better, like 2 MOA at these ranges. Fair to good, but not great accuracy....

The main issue that I have had is that with lubed match ammo - I have been using Center-X and RWS Special Match - the gun functions well from 40-70F, but in warmer weather the match ammo will not fully chamber, causing a FTF, I assume because of the warm temps affecting the lube.

One solution to this problem is to use copper plated ammo in warm weather. It functions well but of course has poor accuracy. If you are training for 3G this should be fine, but for precision shooting it is not.

YMMV. Good luck.