• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP .260 Rem barrel question

nuclear_shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
So, I've been asking a bunch of questions about this topic here. Before I asked generally about .260 loaded to mag length with big bullets (140 amax, 140 hybrids). Now, I figured I should ask specifically about the JP barrel since I'm pretty set on this one. Basically, my question is: how much jump will these bullets have in a JP barrel specifically. Guys with JP barrels/rifles in .260, if you have measured this with an OAL gauge that would be great! I'd like to know the OAL (from head to meplat) when the bullet is just touching the rifling. Thanks!

Old thread is here: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...0-remington-how-limited-will-i-mag-legth.html

I don't know how much jump mine has but both 123gr A-Max's and 142gr SMK's loaded to 2.810" produce 1/2" groups at 100yds in my LRP-07 260.

I don't know how much jump mine has but both 123gr A-Max's and 142gr SMK's loaded to 2.810" produce 1/2" groups at 100yds in my LRP-07 260.

That's good to hear. I think I'm going to place an order for one of their barrel kits (barrel/timed brake/gas block/gas tube); one of the shops near me can delivery them for about $780. I'm very excited to try it out and will post results here. Sadly its a 4-16 week wait for these kits :(