• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

jp adjustable gas block

Mncoyotehnter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2012
I have a jp psc-12 in .260 and hqve a adj gas block that I havnt found my permanent adj with yet, but the set screw wont budge, whats the best way to get it loose with out stripping it out
Thanks

If you have a soldering iron, warm it up and place the tip on screw. It should warm the loc tite enough to break it free.

How many rounds do you have through the gun?
Were you running the recommended Blue Loc-Tite on the screw or the more permanent Red?

As 800mZero recommended you will need to apply heat. and it may need more then the soldering iron can produce quickly. If you have a pen torch or just a standard map gas or propane torch you can use that to heat the screw up. You will likely want to get the temp up above 450 degrees to make sure you break down all the Loc-Tite. If it is carbon build-up that is causing the screw to be stuck then you may want to remove the gas block and soak it in some hoppes #9 or shooters choice to help loosen up some of the carbon that could build up in the block or on the screw.