• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP APAC Chassis

usmc45

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2013
Portland, OR
Anyone have one of these yet? They look supper nice and I love the idea being able to put a left and right hand action in it. It is a bit on the spendy side but it does look like your getting what you pay for. Would like to hear some first hand experience with it. Thanks guys.

Happy shooting.

I've been able to handle one for a little bit. The thing is solid as a rock and the hinge is pretty damn good. Other than the price, I'd say it's easily one of the top ones out there.

Yeah, the price is a bit to swallow but being able to run anything i have in it and even put NVG on there if you want I think i will just have to save up for one. Would love to know what Frank thinks of it being the one guy who has probably been on every chassis ever made.

Frank mentioned the chassis on a podcast. Had a lot of good to say about it, other than the arca rail causing him issues during a match. I believe his as an early prototype, so it was anodized, rather than coated. Caused the rail to be slightly too thin causing accessory issues.

It looks like a nice chassis. I’m waiting for MHSA to get them in stock so I can go look at one.

Anybody have an update on the JP APAC?
Did JP upgrade the dovetail ARCA plate to run full length?
TIA SH!

They are selling Non-folder, Anodized prototypes on their Web site for $1200(ish). Only 25 or so available when I saw it yesterday so act quick if those options don't interest you. I have one I got on here second hand. Mounted to Bergara action but I haven't got out to shoot it yet.

You would have to keep an eye on that joint between the forend tube and the chassis forend extension . It could loosen up over time . I personally like a solid chassis from the bi-pod to behind the action .

It is very, very nice. For me even the very early prototypes felt natural to hold, point and use. The folder hinge is well designed and will last forever. The adjustments are well laid out and stay put when you set them.

I like the Arca Rail built into the chassis as well as extended on the hand guard. I plan on using mine for hunting in the fall and I wont need the full Arca, though I might add a small Pic section at the end of the hand guard for a bipod depending on where we end up going.

If you're near central Texas come out to a TX Precision match on either 2nd or 3rd Saturday in Navasota and you're more than welcome to shoot mine. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're in the market.

You would have to keep an eye on that joint between the forend tube and the chassis forend extension . It could loosen up over time . I personally like a solid chassis from the bi-pod to behind the action .

Do you know this first hand or is this just conjecture? I'm pretty sure they have 8 or 10 bolts in the handguard holding it on.

Yeah...the fore end / ARCA is solid. So far so good with the 22 build. I'll update after the 22 Precision match this Saturday. Now time to scrounge up an optic and get DOPE. :)

JP APAC Chassis - Vudoo 22 barreled action - Trigger Tech Trigger - Wiebad Fortune Cookie

Side.JPG

Chassis is definitely a keeper. The rifle was built to be loaned out to shooters at local matches. We had 4 people of VERY different body types all running it. Super quick adjustments when needed and rock solid when set. 1 shooter won the match running the rifle so, it's definitely going to be a keeper!

:ROFLMAO: @reubenski surprisingly the recoil was quite mild

IMG_5497.jpgIMG_5501.jpg

It is very, very nice. For me even the very early prototypes felt natural to hold, point and use. The folder hinge is well designed and will last forever. The adjustments are well laid out and stay put when you set them.

I like the Arca Rail built into the chassis as well as extended on the hand guard. I plan on using mine for hunting in the fall and I wont need the full Arca, though I might add a small Pic section at the end of the hand guard for a bipod depending on where we end up going.

If you're near central Texas come out to a TX Precision match on either 2nd or 3rd Saturday in Navasota and you're more than welcome to shoot mine. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're in the market.
I have a prototype apacs. Would it be possible to bolt on the arca rail they made? Im not quite sure how they attached. Is it recessed into the hump in front of the magwell or just flush on the top of it

I have a prototype apacs. Would it be possible to bolt on the arca rail they made? Im not quite sure how they attached. Is it recessed into the hump in front of the magwell or just flush on the top of it

PM me a pic of yours and I'll send you a pic of mine. There were a couple iterations but if I can't get you a straight answer I'll phone a friend. :)

Chassis is definitely a keeper. The rifle was built to be loaned out to shooters at local matches. We had 4 people of VERY different body types all running it. Super quick adjustments when needed and rock solid when set. 1 shooter won the match running the rifle so, it's definitely going to be a keeper!

:ROFLMAO: @reubenski surprisingly the recoil was quite mild

View attachment 7116301View attachment 7116302
How long is the barrel on this?

I just bought one last month. The thing is pretty solid. The folding mechanism is an absolute tank. There is no wobble, no accidental button pushing. They really thought it out right. It balances without weights near perfectly with my 26" rem varmint barrel.
IMG_20200724_093343.jpg

Reactions: D_TROS
Been using mine for little over a year. It has performed very well. I didn't think I would like the tube fore end but as much as I rest my hands on it and tie on bags for support, it really works out well.

Ive used it in field matches as well as a bunch of rimfire and its a rock solid option.

5144f09074153f706c8e52df25ec2e67.jpg

2019 TS 10.JPG

22 M7 1.jpg

Just this month, even though I havnt had a chance to put them on, I got my front weight kit and a rear bag rider. Very excited to mount those.
Pics to follow of that.

End of story a great options with all the bells and whistles.

PRO
Folder is ROCK solid. Very adjustable. Comfortable. Love the arca rail.

CON
PIA to change barreled actions

GL
DT

yep have one, as the LOP for my 10yo can be adjusted to like 12". Awesome, have my Tl3 6 dasher in it for him and i load up very mild 105 gr loads. folder is rock solid (manners seem to be the very worse - next to JP, Q - shit any folder seems more solid than manners).

agree , changing triggers, barrels is a PITA as you need to disassemble the who damn thing. But its well made.

Has anyone had any bolt incompatibility with the folding stock? I’m looking at a bighorn or defiance.