• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing JP BCG and Proof

db2000

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    I need advice on matching the .223 JP bolt to an AR proof CF barrel.
    I have a JP enhanced bolt and Fail Zero M16 carrier. I have read that JP are made to headspace correctly with Proof AR barrels.

1. Does it matter that I’m not using a JP carrier when it comes to my smith headspacing this build correctly?

I’m not sure if he will know the answer and thought I’d ask here before reaching out to him as he stays busy. Thanks.

I remember reaching out to proof when I was building an AR. I am not an AR guy so I was looking for their bolt recommendation. They build to the spec of the JP Bolt. You are good to go!

Reactions: db2000
    I remember reaching out to proof when I was building an AR. I am not an AR guy so I was looking for their bolt recommendation. They build to the spec of the JP Bolt. You are good to go!

I got the same answer from Proof a few weeks ago when i called them about a 6 ARC barrel / JP bolt

Reactions: db2000
    Thanks for all the advice. I’ve been fortunate enough to find both .223 and .308 barrels with JP enhanced bolts. All on sale no less. 🍻