• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP enhanced bolt?

biner626

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2010
Goodlettsville,TN
Do these need some type of coating/parkerizing? They are listed as In the White but I'm no metallurgist and can not find any info on its type of metal(SAE 9310). Thanks.

Re: JP enhanced bolt?

Usually "In the white" means it is bare. It will need some kind of coating of your choice. I suggest Robar NP3

I've gotten both the complete BCG with the Enhanced bolt and just the bolt. They're both the same, i.e. no coating added. I don't think JP would sell the BCG/bolt combo without a coating on the bolt if they felt it was needed.

JP bolts are designed to be untouched-no coating! They're good to go from the box!

The old bolts had an endura coating on them, and the new ones have a twin clad coating on them. They need nothing.

I wish I knew how long their backorder was. I hear their bolts and BCG are excellent.