• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jp enterprises pic thread

rwatson708

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Pittsburgh
Lets try a JP enterprises pic thread whether it be a long range lrp or a 9mm carbine or a duty gun lets see some pics, some details, some targets, some ammo it likes, whether you did the jp break in. Anything your willing to share.

Mine isnt in for another week so im living vicariously for a little.

10ggpcm.jpgGot this a few months ago to fill the carbine role in team matches. The rifle it's replacing is behind it.

It's the dual charge version, I forget the nomenclature. Billet upper and lower. 20" barrel with the tank brake. SCSS, low mass bcg, Geiselle NM trigger. The Schmidt 5-25 sits in a 25 MOA Spurn mount.

I spent weeks working up a load. I've settled on 23.5g of TAC and 77 SMK's. It shoots those about into 1/2" with SDs around 8-10. I moved that loading process over to my Dillon 1050 and am getting almost identical results except I'm loading 600 rounds an hour or more.

In the interest of being thorough, I ran a seating depth test early on. It showed a marked preference for having the bullet seated 0.010" less than mag length.

After weeks of load development, I took it and the old match rifle to the range. I wanted to see how the new load shot in the old gun. To my delight, I got identical results. The old gun shot it maybe even a touch better. What stunned me was the difference in recoil. After weeks of shooting nothing but the JP, I got down behind the old gun and fired a shot. I honestly thought I'd broken something. I got up off the gun to see what was wrong, and figured out that I'd just forgotten what the recoil impulse felt like on that old gun. Until the JP, I'd thought my old rifle was a very soft shooting.223. By comparison, it kicks like a mule. (Still pretty soft shooting by absolute standards).

Ive shot it in a few local matches now, and it's the easiest rifle I own to shoot well. It's softer shooting even than my 18# Dasher, I think. I can spot impacts easily at 300 kneeling off a tripod, my personal test for ease of shooting.

I love it. Favorite rifle out of a group of decent rifles.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i66.tinypic.com/10ggpcm.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Last edited:
I agree bigjake. Mine hits the ffl tomorrow but im out of town until monday night. I got the 6.5cm competition package. I wanted a custom made setup but the price i got for the package with mount was much cheaper than a custom with less desirable parts and no mount. Love the tungsten tim. I was going to go tungsten with blue dissipator and safety if i went custom

My rifle I just built was on a AP m5e1 receiver set but I used a JP 18” light contour barrel, low mass bolt carrier and silent capture buffer spring. I shot this 5 shot group with federal 150 grn softpoints at 100 yards.

Attachments

• photo85631.png
    photo85631.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 79
Here you go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OjpsWt7ycW0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i definitely see a JP in .224 Valkyrie in my future. Probably a LRP-07 as well, probably a .308

I have only 5 rounds through this 6 creed.
Future plans is a NF ATACR 4-16x42 TReMoR3
Probably a trigger change as well. Any suggestions what you guys are liking would be appreciated.

Attachments

• photo85863.jpg
    photo85863.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 103
JP SCR in 6.5 Grendel

Attachments

• photo46950.jpg
    photo46950.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 142
  • photo47174.jpg
    photo47174.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 133
JP SCR in 6.5 Grendel

I am using that same stock on my JP Grendel. What do you think of it? I find the cheek weld to feel 'odd'. Not sure why I get that feeling but it doesn't see right to me. Was the same feeling I had with one of their full chassis' kits on a bolt gun. I'll try it a few more times and may swap it out.

JP Grendel upper on a Quinten Defense lower.
AKnVgpx.jpg

JP-15 complete rifle. Changed the trigger to a Geissele NM.
fFKGiOd.jpg

O98dmS5.jpg

Both rifles:
zZKFcLs.jpg

Tag. Working on a SCR-11 chassis build for a 224 Valkyrie barrel I hope to have later this month. Pictures help provide encouragement and ideas.

Just received my lrp07 awesome rifle but hey bigjake are these rifles supposed to have a test target? I got a jp target with mine hut its just a blank new target?

My direct-from-JP LRP-07 did not come with a test target

Took delivery of my JP upper last summer. 20" barrel, thermal dissapator, .223 Wylde chamber. It's on a LMT lower with Luth AR stock and Geissele single stage trigger that feels like 2.5 lbs. I have the regular JP BCG and did not get the Silent Capture spring system. Scope is a Cronus BTR 4.5-29 in a Geissele mount.

I've put probably 20 different types of factory match ammo through it. There were some major disappointments with Hornady 73gr ELD and both the 556 and 223 Superformance Match. IMI 77gr Razorcore also did not perform well. 3 different Black Hills shot fairly well, the 77gr tipped MK's being the best of the Black Hills. The ammo it really likes is Prime 77gr, Hornady Black 75gr, Defender 77 and 69 gr, PMC X-TAC 77gr (but everybody reports it being slow). The best ammo I've found is the Copper Creek 77gr Berger......but I'm seeing spectacular groups with Defender 69 gr and they're almost half the price per round. I loaded up on Copper Creek ammo and buying by the 1K brings the price down to .92 cents per round or something like that.

This rifle is amazing. I let a buddy shoot a group and after the 5th shot, he just looks over at me and laughs.....I said, yeah I know. Super fun/easy to shoot.

I'd say it's a .5 moa or better. I regularly get groups in the .2 to .4 range and I'll have great groups going and throw a round....but I know it's me. I cannot believe how accurate JP builds gas guns.

yxg0xE1.jpg

kGsWtnY.jpg

LBxA5Ym.jpg

Gd6v1GF.jpg

Good information USMC 308. I got a unfired PSC-11 (pics soon) Looks like i will start with Copper Creek ammunition.

thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (2).jpg Try these too....the price is for a box of 50. I remember the 69 gr SMK shooting a little better than their 5.56 chambered 77gr SMK.....but try both. The 77gr shot very well also. I think the Copper Creek Berger will be better at distance, but for short range, plinking, working on groups......the Defender 69gr SMK's are amazing.

https://www.defenderammunition.com/c...t=869852938267

Last edited:
LRP-07 in 6.5 CM. Vortex AMG, upgraded trigger to Wilson TTU Match 2 stage.
UvPToD2.jpg

YsEFDk7.jpg

Hornady 140gr ELD (yes cherry picked)
IXxtGHO.jpg

2lKrflP.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stwcattle
My LRP-07 with a PSC 12 upper and Luth stock.

Attachments

• BC285C57-842D-4FE8-B3CD-06DD60F7EE6A.jpeg
    BC285C57-842D-4FE8-B3CD-06DD60F7EE6A.jpeg
    701.8 KB · Views: 118
I have only 5 rounds through this 6 creed.
Future plans is a NF ATACR 4-16x42 TReMoR3
Probably a trigger change as well. Any suggestions what you guys are liking would be appreciated.
i have its twin sister - scope and all, going to switch the trigger to a geissele match trigger - love my 2 st

Are most of you guys shooting the 6.5 Creed seeing your best groups with factory ammo with the 140 eld's?

Here's the one I just got. So far it's as good as I hoped it would be. The last two 5-shot groups I shot were between. 4 and .5 inches.

Attachments

• 20180621_155627.jpg
    20180621_155627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • 20180623_074738.jpg
    20180623_074738.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 96