• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Enterprises

ttg7ya

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2022
Manhattan Beach, CA
Interested in picking up a 22” 6.5 Creedmoor - top charging version.

Any experiences pro or con?

May eventually use for PRS but primarily for range work at the moment.

Particularly interested in the weight on the platform before optics.

Reactions: nickw
It will work fine for prs gas gun matches I have seen people using them in matches . I can't speak for JP enterprise but I have every intention of running my 22 inch 6.5 creedmoor in gas gun matches this year .

Reactions: Simonsza1
I have the side charge version. What are you looking for in regards to weight?

As far as the JP large frame itself, it’s pretty widely regarded as the best large frame rifle.

Any large frame is gonna be more difficult so shoot accurately, so that’s why you’ll see that it’s not great for PRS

I’ve got a side charging 6.5CM waiting on me at home. Soon as I get off this damn tow boat and get it, I’ll post pics of it

I have a JP in 6.5 C / 22 inch , it’s very accurate for a semi and well built.
If a LG frame is what you want you will be satisfied with a JP. I run the short SB 5-20 /
Lapua brass / 136gr L / H4350

Interested in picking up a 22” 6.5 Creedmoor - top charging version.

Any experiences pro or con?

May eventually use for PRS but primarily for range work at the moment.

Particularly interested in the weight on the platform before optics.
None better than JP IMHO for a gas gun. Have both their small frame and large frame. Fit, finish, reliability, and accuracy is top notch. Regarding weight, you can get that directly from them as it depends on which barrel and stock is on the rifle. JP also has weights available you can add to help balance the rifle and reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise. That said, they (gas guns) are not considered the best choice for PRS open division, but certainly can be done. Run whatcha brung😉.

+ 1 on what other have said here. I run a JP large frame in 6.5 Creedmoor, 22 inch barrel with brake, side charging. If you reload the rig will be an absolute laser. Even with commercial ammunition, if I do my part, mine will shoot .5 MOA with Eagle Eye 130gr rounds.

Reactions: MountainHombre
Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback. I am in California (not a native - sentenced here for work) and our wonderful Governor just passed a 1 gun a month rule, and I have 3 or 4 other priorities.

And if I am being honest I just do not have a lot of time at the moment for PRS.

I think I may use one of my AR receivers and build out a DMR in 6.5 Grendel instead. Larue makes a pretty good upper.

Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback. I am in California (not a native - sentenced here for work) and our wonderful Governor just passed a 1 gun a month rule, and I have 3 or 4 other priorities.

And if I am being honest I just do not have a lot of time at the moment for PRS.

I think I may use one of my AR receivers and build out a DMR in 6.5 Grendel instead. Larue makes a pretty good upper.
Just an FYI, you can buy as many as you want, just need to wait 30 days in between actually taking possession.

Example -, you buy 2 different guns the same day cause you found a good deal on stuff you been looking for. Both go to your FFL. You’ll do the paperwork and pick one up. Then after the 30 days you can get take possession of the other. If you have a good FFL, they won’t mind holding it for that period. Just food for thought so you don’t miss out on something 👍🏼

Reactions: dlouie87
Just an FYI, you can buy as many as you want, just need to wait 30 days in between actually taking possession.

Example -, you buy 2 different guns the same day cause you found a good deal on stuff you been looking for. Both go to your FFL. You’ll do the paperwork and pick one up. Then after the 30 days you can get take possession of the other. If you have a good FFL, they won’t mind holding it for that period. Just food for thought so you don’t miss out on something 👍🏼
Indeed! I actually have my FFL holding two rifles and a pistol for me at the moment. So I am at least three months out :)

I think what I am going to do is use one of my AR-15 receivers to build out a DMR in .224 Valkryie using the Wilson Combat upper.

I have a NF NX-8 1-8 and mount kind of sitting around already and would be nice to have a lighter weight precision platform. My current bolt gun is a Barrett MRAD and lugging that thing around is a bit unweildy.

Reactions: j-moose32
I also think PPT’s don’t count for that ? Maybe find one local hopefully ?

FB_IMG_1603326009557.jpg

I didn't know Cali had gotten that bad, I split when the bullet button and 10rd Mag was a thing.

Well as a official 2A Grief Counselor I'm here for you, and anyone suffering under the unconstitutional Laws of Commie-fornia.

I first like to start off by illustrating the fastest roads to recovery.
Screenshot_20240305_170818_Gallery.jpg

And we understand here at 2A Recovery that sometimes one's choice to live in California is due to occupational responsibilities, after all family comes first.

We do offer a wide array of physical Therapies ranging from High Capacity Magazine Dumps, Suppressor Sound therapy, We even have Virtual Reality Gun Store fantasy packages!!

Our VR packages truly put you in the driver's seat of what a proud 2A supporter living in a Free State feels when he or she can walk into a Gun Store and purchase ANY and as many firearms they chooses and be at the range by noon slinging lead..

Just remember at 2A Recovery, we care..❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:
View attachment 8365651

I didn't know Cali had gotten that bad, I split when the bullet button and 10rd Mag was a thing.

Well as a official 2A Grief Counselor I'm here for you, and anyone suffering under the unconstitutional Laws of Commie-fornia.

I first like to start off by illustrating the fastest roads to recovery.
View attachment 8365696

And we understand here at 2A Recovery that sometimes one's choice to live in California is due to occupational responsibilities, after all family comes first.

We do offer a wide array of physical Therapies ranging from High Capacity Magazine Dumps, Suppressor Sound therapy, We even have Virtual Reality Gun Store fantasy packages!!

Our VR packages truly put you in the driver's seat of what a proud 2A supporter living in a Free State feels when he or she can walk into a Gun Store and purchase ANY and as many firearms they chooses and be at the range by noon slinging lead..

Just remember at 2A Recovery, we care..❤️🇺🇸
Tell me more about this 2A recovery. Are you hiring? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: bigjake83