• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

JP HP bolt - preemptive buy?

QuietShootr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2003
My LMT 6.5 MWS is supposed to be in soon, and I’m thinking about ordering the JP small pin bolt just to ensure I don’t start having primer issues with handloads right out of the gate. Do any of you guys with a 6.5 MWS have issues with the factory bolt?

It's not completely apples to apples but I have a noveske 6.5 barrel for my MWS. I just change to an Armalite bolt and use the LMT firing pin and have zero issues. I think armalite always used what we consider a "small firing pin" now and since the LMT pin works in the armalite bolt I'm gonna say LMT does as well.

Reactions: QuietShootr
The MWS firing pins aren’t big, even small primer 6.5 Creedmoor brass you should be fine the way it comes.

You’ll be battering the crap out of the action long before you need to worry about piercing primers.

Those rifles are ridiculously solid right out of the gate.

Reactions: QuietShootr
It's not completely apples to apples but I have a noveske 6.5 barrel for my MWS. I just change to an Armalite bolt and use the LMT firing pin and have zero issues. I think armalite always used what we consider a "small firing pin" now and since the LMT pin works in the armalite bolt I'm gonna say LMT does as well.

Why do you change the bolt, then?