• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRI -20 6.5Creed Proof option

Mr. F

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2011
JP offers their LRI 20 with a Proof 308 but is anyone aware of 6.5 creed LRI -20? Leaning towards this lower but im not a fan of button rifles.

Options on handguards to?

@Mr. F They offer a pre-built 6.5 Creed LRI-20 here. You can also spec out a custom LRI-20 in the Rifle Builder. The LRI will take any MK3 JP handguard so you have a bit of flexibility but keep in mind you need the long hand guard to cover the +2 gas port length on the 6.5 barrels.

Yeah, im not that concerned about the HG, its mostly a looks thing but it works well on my GMR-15 so if i cant swap that out its no biggie.

Whar i really want is a cut rifled barrel on there and they offer no option for that on the LRI 6.5 thru the builder.

Yeah, im not that concerned about the HG, its mostly a looks thing but it works well on my GMR-15 so if i cant swap that out its no biggie.

Whar i really want is a cut rifled barrel on there and they offer no option for that on the LRI 6.5 thru the builder.

The JP Barrels are the best Button cut barrels you can get. John, Ben, Dustin and Dave will all tell you they have no issues putting their barrels up against a Krieger or Bartlein barrel.

Yeah, im just interested on the cut rifled sticks.

Does JP offer the availability to cut one of their Supermatch barrels down from a 22 to a 20 inch? (in 6.5)

What is it that you think you will gain by using cut rifled barrel??

I've had great experiences with cut barrels from bartlein and others. Not so great with buttons.

I know JP is quality but if i can rule out the button factor i will.

I've had great experiences with cut barrels from bartlein and others. Not so great with buttons.

I know JP is quality but if i can rule out the button factor i will.

When I was younger I had the same thought process, take something great and make it exceptional but it doesn't work that way my brother. Ben and the other engineers at JP have already tried it and it just turns into a game of diminished returns. If you want a Cut barrel then get the Proof barrel option. I can tell you right now you would have to be a true 1/4 MOA shooter to see the difference.....are you?? Probably not.

It's the R&D that has gone into those barrels, from the Chambering to the optimal barrel length, barrel harmonics and the cryogenic treatment...trust me they have this shit figured out and they are the only company I would say this about, every other manufacturer, and I do mean EVERY!!! Company with the exception of JP I would be right here behind you supporting your thought process of taking something great and making it exceptional.

I'm not trying to sell you on a product brother, I'm a accuracy fanatic and I'm just trying to save you the money and headache because I've already done it.

Reactions: FALex
They sell the stripped LRI-20 upper by itself, you're best bet would be to buy the JP upper, barrel extension and Bolt and have Paul Craddock spin up a 6.5CM Bartlein.

Ive had JPs before. One was great out of the box (JP-15) and one was a Lemon (GMR -15). I just dont subscribe to the fanfare ever. Ive had shit guns from builders on here that would get me flamed and banned over the mere mention of their majesty's name.

I know JP well, as well as their CS dept which is great i must say. Scratch that, their CS is excellent and in my opinion one of the reasons im considering a JP after having a bad gun out of the box. I would dare to say is one of the reason they sell some many guns.

But shit happens and buttons are more likely to cause trouble than cut sticks.

Now getting back on track if the proof is the only option for a cut stick on 6.5 then thats that. Its not available thru the builder so hence this thread.

When I was younger i did not had this approach either: " take something great and make it exceptional but it doesn't work that way my brother" so im really not sure how it fits on all of this.

Barrel harmonics? Well, just ask Chad Dixon.