• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRP-07 in 6.5 Creedmoor-What dies?

The Lawn Ranger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Northern Kentucky
Shooters,

Anybody reloading this rifle in 6.5 Creed?

The Hornady Match dies do not size case down enough resulting in
rounds not chambering.

What dies are you using?

LR

First off, sweet rifle, I'm jealous. You need to figure out what part of the case isn't going in. It's either the shoulder or case base, If it's just the shoulder, screwing the die in farther and camming the press over hard should fix it. If it's the base, screwing the die in farther will just bump your shoulders way too far, and create problems.

I did try over-camming and it did decrease the size of the base.

I am sending the upper back to JP for some bolt/extractor and gas ring mods per John Paul's suggestion.

Along with this I am sending some of my reloads to verify that they gauge with JP's chamber specs.

To be continued....

I'm having the same problem. I haven't solved it either. I though a taper crimp would help, but no.
Please repost any further findings or pm me.

Interesting, I have a JP in 6.5 on order and am curious about this. Have you measured and compared your reloads to factory in every possible way? Seems like it has to either be the base, the neck/shoulder, or the length.

I am not sure there is any way around using a small base sizing die-I ordered one today.

I did try over-camming the Hornady die but this might prove to be an issue with the case shoulder (headspace) over time (reloadings).

I sent my upper back to JP for some extractor/gas ring mods. Do yourself a favor and order an LE Wilson

length/headspace gauge and check all your sized cartridges before loading.

John Paul has been very helpful in this matter. Great company to work with. A+

Last edited:
M14'er had same problem with his jp in 6.5 cm two weeks ago at TVP. I believe he sent his back in too. Tight chambers in ar= terrible. It was accurate when it would chamber, but that was only half the time.

small base die , or take some off your shell holder
thanks Dustin

I have been reloading for JP rifles for a while now. Just like with any semi auto you want to use small base sizing dies. It will resolve all the above issues.