• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRP-07 Rifle

Andybull

Minuteman
Sep 17, 2006
South Carolina
Any first hand experience with this rifle?
Is there a Hide member who knows if there is one of these rifles for sale other than ordering one?

Re: JP LRP-07 Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andybull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any first hand experience with this rifle?
Is there a Hide member who knows if there is one of these rifles for sale other than ordering one? </div></div>

Don't have one, and never seen one for sale. I asked JP directly about order time a few weeks ago. One year, 50% down. Can ship to California, but it is complicated (rifle illegal as is in CA). Also, heavy barrel is not longer available, not withstanding what their website says.

I will build my AR-10 instead, even if I can't get parts, but waiting for the rifle or parts is the same. The AR-10 I can build for about $700 less as well.

- Phil

I've had a couple of PM's with nothing but good things to say about this rifle. Does any one out there know of one for sale that I can buy right now?

Andy, I just got mine (.308, 22" w/ PRS) the middle of last month and it's AMAZING. Ordered it start of December, just about gnawed my arm off waiting for it to come in. I'm going to get around to a range report/pictures one of these days. I got it without the heatsink and am considering adding one just because it does get warm pretty quick.

I can't compare it to POF/GAP/Noveske/Larue, but it's lightyears ahead of any M1A, DPMS LR308 or AR10 I've ever handled or fired.

Thanks dahn:

I'm hoping someone lost the itch or has changed plans and wants to sell theirs, before I place an order for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: danh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Andy, I just got mine (.308, 22" w/ PRS) the middle of last month and it's AMAZING. Ordered it start of December, just about gnawed my arm off waiting for it to come in. I'm going to get around to a range report/pictures one of these days. I got it without the heatsink and am considering adding one just because it does get warm pretty quick.

I can't compare it to POF/GAP/Noveske/Larue, but it's lightyears ahead of any M1A, DPMS LR308 or AR10 I've ever handled or fired. </div></div>

danh, can you give me the details on your order timeframe? I've gone through an arm and a leg waiting on this rifle! I ordered mine 17 DEC (told 3-4 month wait at that time) and still don't have it. Now we're at 7 months and apparently I'm just waiting on a bolt carrier (although I'm beginning to wonder). I can't figure out how you got your's 2 months ago when you probably ordered it 2 weeks before me. Surely this can't take this long. I'm horrible at waiting for things I really want too.

You still happy with the rifle?

I will tell you that I am not a fan of their V-Tac handguard. The outer receiver extension nut is secured with red loctite and the inner barrel nut is suppose to hold the outer nut in place once torqued down. The six little allen head screws are very small, and the bottom two have very mininal threads to grip inside the extension. Too much going on for a field rifle....

I purchased a DPMS LR308 with the V-Tac installed and removed it for those reasons.

I ordered mine the begining of November 08 and got it in Jan. I ordered it with a 18" barrel and heat sink. The rifle shoots great, 5 shot groups averaging 5/8" at 100 yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hammertime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine the begining of November 08 and got it in Jan. I ordered it with a 18" barrel and heat sink. The rifle shoots great, 5 shot groups averaging 5/8" at 100 yds.

Boy I'm jealous. Mine should be ready any day now. I was told the bolt carriers are in and my rifle was just waiting on one....

</div></div>

This is getting out of control. I just called JP and it sounds like they are STILL waiting on a bolt carrier for my rifle. I'm now at 31 weeks...outside their revised 22-30 week build window. It was initially 12-16 weeks when I ordered. I know they had bolt carriers 2 weeks ago, but obviously not enough to finish my rifle. I guess I just can't see how you'd make a run of BCs that was not large enough to complete all of the rifles sitting there waiting for that one part. I find it hard to believe that they would have so many of these rifles in the cue that I'm still looking at "several more weeks". Can anyone shed any light on this???? After hearing that someone got there rifle 2+ months ago and only ordered it 2 weeks earlier than me I'm getting pretty pissed off. I also feel that I shouldn't have to beg for an update with $1400 sitting in their pocket for the past 7 months. I still understand the crazy market conditions, but this has gotten rediculous!
mad.gif

If your that pissed, call JP ask for John Gangel, the owner, and cancel.

TexasAggie, I have a JP-07 in a 260Rem. It is hands down the finest gas gun I have, and I have them all. It will shoot 3/8 of an inch all day long, hot, cold, first shot, last shot. I run 123 Scenars at 2800fps with H4350 (43.0). By the way I graduated from A&M as well in 1988 and 1989 (masters). Wait for it. You won't be disappointed.

I really just needed to vent. I had really hoped to have this rifle shortly after I redeployed so I could play with it during my downtime this summer. I know it will be worth the wait...and I'm certainly not going to cancel my order.

Gig 'em Al.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your that pissed, call JP ask for John Gangel, the owner, and cancel. </div></div>Who's John Gangel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your that pissed, call JP ask for John Gangel, the owner, and cancel. </div></div>Who's John Gangel?</div></div>

He's the owner of JP Enterprises.

I retract my previous frustrated post...I got an email from JP today and my rifle is complete!
smile.gif
I got my TX CHL in the mail today as well so it's been a good day. Can't wait to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John Paul Gangl (JP) Rifles. </div></div>Never knew that was his full name. I thought it was just John Paul.
grin.gif

AI Shooter:

I've all of the components to start loading the .260, except the Giraud. I've got plenty of time before my gun is ready so I can just reload.

I saw this on another site and wondered what you guys think. Question was how this gun would be as a shtf type of weapon, reliable as a colt or????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Anderson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John Paul Gangl (JP) Rifles. </div></div>Never knew that was his full name. I thought it was just John Paul.
grin.gif
</div></div>

I figured it out the first time he was standing in front of me in line for a prize table. Who the heck is this Gangl guy?? And I was shooting one of his rifles.

DoubleBarrel said:
I saw this on another site and wondered what you guys think. Question was how this gun would be as a shtf type of weapon, reliable as a colt or????

I'd take JP over Colt anyday, in fact I use a .223 JP as my duty carry

for a shtf rifle, I'd have no issue with the LRP, JP makes great, relibale, accurate stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: labman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DoubleBarrel said:

I'd take JP over Colt anyday, in fact I use a .223 JP as my duty carry

for a shtf rifle, I'd have no issue with the LRP, JP makes great, relibale, accurate stuff </div></div>

Good to know. thanks for the info. I wasn't for sure if they would be as reliable as a colt.