• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP LRP 07 value in today's market

hink001

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2019
Spitballing here so bare with me...

I'm a pretty good shot w/ a rifle, even a 308 gasser even though I have no training.

I currently have a Sig 716 Gen 2 Patrol (16") that shoots surprisingly well @100. Second rifle is a 20" MI Factory 308 (discontinued w/ Criterion barrel etc), also found a load that she shoots moa'ish... I shoot the Sig just as well. My max range will be 600 yards. If I get the opportunity to shoot 600-1000 yards I'm going to get a bolt gun in a 7mm Rem Mag. Have everything to reload for 7mm and 308.

A 18" JP LRP 07 has come up in a trade deal locally. It has the box and hat etc, no prs stock. I looked at gunbroker and here etc and I'm guessing 3k is the going rate for a 98% JP LRP 07... ?? What should I look out for? It has the box, manual and hat etc, could it be from a build kit? I don't want to make any assumptions as here in NC there is a good chance this guy is a flipper and has no idea on the history of the gun...

My goal is to get 1 308 gasser that I can take out once a month to the 600 yard range and do well with. My 7mm @400 shoots moa w/ handloads (furthest I've had it so far).

Sorry for the ramblings, the trade involves an AK that I don't need anymore... but still don't want to get rid of lol. I'm going to take a bath if I try to sell the MI in this market.

I suggest you get the serial number of the LRP and give JP a call to check on the build date and original specs. They're very helpful over there and yes, you can reach a live person on your first call most of the time. I've got 2 JPs and love them both! Good luck!

Reactions: Malcolm31