• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes JP mounts

LearningAsIGo

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2012
I put my order in for a 6.5 CM LRP 07; but was not sure whether to go with the JP mount for it or spring for a Spuhr. I'd appreciate any firsthand experience on the JP mounts, I've searched the forum and Google and found that people LOVE their Spuhrs, but also many references to the JPs being good. The scope will be a vortex 4.5-27 Razor.

I have used the Aadmount and the JP. Both work great but the Aamount and more surface area along the rails while the Jp only has one stop to line up on the 1913 rail. Spuhrs was big bucks I don't need that much of a mount. I never never taken these off to see if they retain zero but as far as looks and the build quality Im very happy. The aadmount does have a built in bubble level too. I have two Razors and waiting for the new one as well. Can't wait!

The jp mounts are the perfect height for most ar applications, shockingly light when compared to most other mounts, and much like evrythin jp sells, well thought out and perfectly machined.

I have a JP one piece mount on my LRP-07H.
It is very solid and well built.
It holds a NF NXS 3.5-15
I will post a picture when I get to the computer tomorrow.

Al

I guess I should follow-up on this question. What would I gain by spending 2x the money on a Spuhr besides a level?

Nothing just have less money in your pocket. Save the money for ammo.

Agreed. The Spuhr is a nice mount, but quite bulky. If you don't need the extra attachment points, it is seriously over engineered.

Attached is the picture of my LRP-07H with the JP mount.
It actually came with the LRP-07H package when it was purchased in 2010 - it still shows as an accessory with that package on the JP website.
JP Rifles

You will like the JP mount.

Al

Attachments

• JP1.jpg
    JP1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 12