• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Operating System ar15

OriginalSpoon

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2023
Nj
Putting together a 18” spr, running a woa 18” a non adjustable gas block. Looking at operating systems really leaning towards a JP scs standard ar15 since suppressing isn’t a thing in Jersey. My question is, am I limited to running a JP bcg or are there other options that work well with the scs. And if I do go with a JP bcg is full mass or low mass better. Planning on 600-700yard fun smooth shooting gun

Putting together a 18” spr, running a woa 18” a non adjustable gas block. Looking at operating systems really leaning towards a JP scs standard ar15 since suppressing isn’t a thing in Jersey. My question is, am I limited to running a JP bcg or are there other options that work well with the scs. And if I do go with a JP bcg is full mass or low mass better. Planning on 600-700yard fun smooth shooting gun
You could always swap out one of the steel weights on the JP SCS for 1 tungsten weight, in an effort to balance the gas vs. mass.

You aren't tied to any specific BCG while using the SCS.
Full mass vs. low mass is a debate that will never end. You pretty much have to try both ways and see which recoil impulse you prefer.

Last edited:
You aren't tied to any specific BCG while using the SCS.
Full mass vs. low mass is a debate that will never end. You pretty have to try both ways and see which recoil impulse you prefer.
Ok thats what I was looking for I was uncertain on that didn’t want to buy something and it not work when I got assemble and or shoot

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I run the scs in all my ARs now. Suppressed 10.5” SBR, 14.5, 18” and a 20” 6.5cm AR10. I only use the JP BCG in one of them.

They have a flow chart on the website for picking the right weight combo (although H2 seems to work for everything for me!)

If you are unsure of which way to go, I would contact JP and let them set you straight.
Every time I've talked to a JP employee they only have two modes. Duty/work/suppressed? Full mass. Competition/range toy/hunting? Low mass.
Which is pretty much what you'd expect them to say.