• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP or Repr vs LMT MWS

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
I know this has been hashed over and over meaning gun vs gun but what about price vs price. The Repr and JP (in 18" or 20" barrel) are both pushing $4K, I can get either now for approx $3700 while the MWS Slick side w 16"barrel can be had for around $1K less. Question is are either (the LRP-07 or Repr) worth $1K more. I don't think so but am throwing it out there.

Main use is 600 yards in, all around rifle.

Sorry if this is redundant.

I know this has been hashed over and over meaning gun vs gun but what about price vs price. The Repr and JP (in 18" or 20" barrel) are both pushing $4K, I can get either now for approx $3700 while the MWS Slick side w 16"barrel can be had for around $1K less. Question is are either (the LRP-07 or Repr) worth $1K more. I don't think so but am throwing it out there.

Main use is 600 yards in, all around rifle.

Sorry if this is redundant.

Get the LMT MWS and use the savings for some glass. You can always upgrade the LMT by simply switching barrels which are offered in match stainless steel: .308, 260 Remington, 6.5 Creedmoor, 338 Federal, 7mm - 08, and 243 Winchester.

my $0.02:cool

I can't speak for the REPR, but I know the LRP is worth the scratch. If funds are an issue, with the LMT being 1K less, then go with it. Put that extra bread toward ammo and optic. LMT makes good shit.

The weight of the LRP, the JP Super Comp trigger, and the JP LMOS/barrel combo are the most attractive components to that system.

If money is not an issue then there is only ONE choice, JP Enterprise. Do your research and you will see that every person who owns a JP rifle loves their rifle and usually buys more JP rifles. I would not ever part with mine under any circumstance PERIOD.

I love my JP CTR-02, so when I was ready for an AR in 6.5 Creedmoor, I ordered from JP, with out shopping around.
Charles

Last edited:
If it helps, I have a CTR-02 and love it as well. I have an LMT as well. The JP is MUCH better, but cost me 80% more. I think it is worth it as I am considering selling the LMT to fund another JP.

Then again, I am looking at smaller 5.56 carbines and you are looking at something that goes out further. I know little about LMT and the JP in AR-10 platforms.

I can say this for certain--JPs customer service is WAY better.

Yea, I hadn't seen one of those (SR 25) until today! Looks like that's what I'll get after my GAP gets paid for.

Get the LMT MWS and use the savings for some glass. You can always upgrade the LMT by simply switching barrels which are offered in match stainless steel: .308, 260 Remington, 6.5 Creedmoor, 338 Federal, 7mm - 08, and 243 Winchester.

my $0.02:cool

The other calibers are stainless, but they aren't match grade. They're pretty good, but not match grade.

Oranges/apples comparison.

Owned a LMT MWS, own a JP LRP-07, sort of like a Dodge truck v. a Corvette.

0 time with a REPR (40 rounds off a bench, a couple of years ago).

Sold the LMT, bought an EMC.

Barrel change feature moot if all you shoot is .308.

I was able to shoot tighter groups w the JP. Never bought/used diff. barrels/calibers with the MWS.

LMT MWS used by UK troops, they like it. JP is a lighter rifle compared to the MWS. My LMT was waaaaay over gassed, Gen I. My JP is a very soft shooting rifle.

Paid * $2300* for my LMT, that's a long gone price. JP is $1k more, but a very sweet rifle.

Like I said, apples/oranges. I like a light rifle, save your money, buy a JP. If barrel change is really important, get the LMT.

Good Luck.

The LMT and JP are vastly superior to the LWRC.

The LWRC would be a good buy at $2K or so.

It's still on order. I ordered early July, I hope to have it by mid Sept.
Charles

You will like it! John Paul and Clark Kennedy won the PTS team match awhile back shooting a pair of these. You'd be hard pressed to find a finer, more accurate gas gun in 6.5 Creed!

You can complete a build using the PSC-12 upper and JP's 6.5 CM barrel and head spaced bolt for under $3k. I did one for a buddy not too long ago. This is the parts list I told him to of get.

JP PSC-12 with BCG: $1100 (Mel dropped $100 off as he didn't include bolt with the BCG considering I had a head spaced bolt included with my barrel purchase)
6.5 CM barrel with matched bolt: $700
Shadow Ops Weaponry DPMS Lower: $215
MI 15" SS FF Handguard: $200
Precision Armament M11 6.5 Muzzle Brake: $120
Magpul STR: $80
Std Buffer tube, receiver ext. plate, castle nut: $45
JP 308 SCS: $120
Timney 3lb Single Stage: $170
Battleline Ambi Safety, Troy Ambi Mag Catch/Release: $110
DPMS bolt catch & Mag release button, MIAD Grip: $45
BTE Adj Gas Block and gas tube: $50
Takedown and pivot pins: $15
All Detents, Springs, plungers: $15

Total: $2,995

I think he paid somewhere around $65 or so in shipping on top of that. I had a whole bunch of detents, springs, plungers, retainers, receiver ext plates, castle nuts, etc that I ended up using. So it probably came in even lower than $2900...