• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Rifles or GA Precision 6.5CM Feed/Cycling Issues?

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
Seekins appears to have their own problems in 6.5CM. I realize that GA Precision uses Seekins upper and lower and builds on that. I was looking for some feedback
to see if anyone that shoots either JP or GA has had any issues?

I cannot speak to the JP's or GAP's and 6.5CM, but my brother has an SP-10 in 6.5 and it has been an absolute workhorse.

Ironically, I have been reading up on SCAR 20's in 6.5, and there have been quite a few reports of folks having feeding problems with Hornady's 140's.

What have you heard, scene or experienced from the Seekins rifles in 6.5?

I have a build with a JP 6.5CM barrel, JP lightweight BCG, and the JP SCS, and I don't have any feeding or cycling issues.

Reactions: Malcolm31
Don't GAP-10s and JP LRI/LRPs both come with adjustable gas blocks for users to tweak?

My LRI-20 doesn't have any problems after I finished setting it up.

The JP has an adjustable gas block. Don't know about the GAP, but wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks for the input, I am learning. The GA Precision also has a adjustable gas block. They fit it very good with a 15in handguard. They also use a Bartlein barrel and that is why they can use a rifle length gas system that works.

Reactions: kentuckyMarksman