• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP silent Capture/ POF Rogue 6.5 cm

Semomike

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2020
My Rogue is currently back at POF getting a couple issues fixed. It is primarily a coyote hunting gun and mostly with thermal scope on it. Was thinking I might pick one of the JP buffer springs to see if it will take a little recoil out of it. I do run it suppressed always.

Anyone tried this with any success? I wonder if it will cause feeding issues? This rifle has been finicky already.

Last edited:
What sort of feeding issues are you having?

Have you tried different magazines?

A good muzzle brake is going to be the most effective way to reduce recoil (your hunting partners may not like it)

SCS can smooth out the recoil impulse but based on the pdf I attached you will need a spacer behind the SCS.

That being said I would not make any major changes till you can get it running reliably in close to stock configuration. A couple of the guys here have these rifles hopefully they will chime in.

Attachments

• CMR-vs-P415-Buffer-Comparison-20200910.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: LRRPF52
Be careful changing it out to a captured buffer system. Fairly certain the buffer tube length is non standard and you’d need to shim the difference to bring it to a normal length.

I personally run a griffin SOB (suppressor optimized buffer) with the stock spring and then a fully vented superlative agb. Only Shoot it suppressed with my Diligent defense Enticer LTI and seems to work well enough, still slightly overgassed but brass is fine and not showing any signs of issues

I had a reoccurring issue of upon loading the bolt wouldn't go into battery and couldn't be unloaded. To the point I would have to use a lever (screwdriver) to pry the bolt open while having someone else pull on the charging handle. This was clean and dirty. Created a fairly dangerous situation in the field and often in the dark.

I would sometimes experience stovepipe issues.

Lastly, I wasn't terribly impressed in the accuracy. I did finally get some Barnes to run close to MOA, but with most box ammo wouldn't get close to a 2" group.

Hopefully POF gets this straightened out for me as I love the platform for coyote hunting and want to take it hog hunting when I get it straightened out.

If this doesn't fix it, I'm going to send it down the road and get a Ruger SFAR.

I've read the buffer and spring are proprietary, but I'm trying to get some more accuracy out of it.

Soon as I can get my hands on some 6.5 Eldvt I'm going to see if I can get a load worked up for it

Reactions: TheWatchMker
Dang, that’s very unfortunate, I’ve had great luck and accuracy with mine. I’m just waiting for the snow to melt a bit so I can complete my review, still need to accuracy test a few more loads.

I’d seriously ask them to look at the barrel as well. Mine is consistently a sub moa shooter with 130-140 match grade ammo and the AAC 140 bthp and smks. Here’s an example of what I have gotten with AAC 140’s 11 shot group at 100

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpeg
    IMG_1700.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
My Rogue is currently back at POF getting a couple issues fixed. It is primarily a coyote hunting gun and mostly with thermal scope on it. Was thinking I might pick one of the JP buffer springs to see if it will take a little recoil out of it. I do run it suppressed always.

Anyone tried this with any success? I wonder if it will cause feeding issues? This rifle has been finicky already.
I went to a tubbs flat wire buffer spring, and it surprisingly made a ton of difference.

I also run a dictator gas block, made a difference as well.

ARBUFSRTubb
Precision AR-10 Flatwire Buffer Spring (Fits both Carbine and Standard length stocks)

My intention is to run it suppressed when it returns, so using a different muzzle device outside of one for my suppressers isn't really an option. I do have the dictator adj gas block on it already.

I'm hoping POF gets to looking at this soon, as the status in their warranty work software hasn't changed in 2 weeks. Although when I called to check on it they are saying 30 to 45 business days to get it looked at. I actually sent my suppressor with it per their request in order to supposedly "optimize" it. I guess I'll wait and see.

Right now this gun has been replaced by my 22 ARC that I put together myself and it runs like a top and the faxom barrel shoots pretty good with factory ammo..

I also picked up a used DD5v3 in 308 at my lgs and it also seems to run really good. I might start shooting that at coyotes as well.