• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP SILENT CAPTURE SPRINGS

trisurvivor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
MN,USA
just wondering if anyone has used them and thoughts on them.

My hk45 and p30l both run a similiar spring setup and buffer. My usp runs a 2 spring setup. You can definitely tell the new design is a lot smoother. My pof 556 seems like it is real raspy like they describe. Just looking to upgrade.

Re: JP SILENT CAPTURE SPRINGS

I dont know if anyone has the complete buffer/spring set up there on backorder every where, midway is saying 3 months till there in stock and it said that before and when it gets close to the date they move the date up again, JPs web page you try to add it to your cart and it just says there on back order. Im running there polished spring in my AR and it did smooth it out and got rid of the sprung noise with just there spring. im waiting till there complete kit in on the market to get one ad try it in my 6.5 grendel. I have there LMOS buffer/bolt in my .223 and im happy with that, it shoots like a .22 rifle just louder with there comp on the end

I have the AR15 on a 223 and a 300 blk. Both are installed in UBR carbine stocks. They work great like all JP products I've tried, but I can't say they are head and shoulders above a polished spring and a good buffer.

I tried the ar10 model in a UBR carbine for my KAC SR25, but it wasn't heavy enough to cycle reliably when running suppressed and unsuppressed. I went back to a heavy buffer and modified spring for that setup. I slipped the silent spring into an older JP LRP-07. It obviously worked well in that setup.

In all cases, "Silent" is relative as you still have action noise from the bolt and carrier. As stated above, it's definitely smooth, but not sure it's $100 better than their $20 spring and a good buffer. YMMV.

Find a JP dealer, I haven't had any problem getting them.

Please don't call me for one I'm not a Snipers Hide vendor and don't want to step on anyone toes. Find a SH vendor who is a JP dealer and call them.