• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JRA 03A4 Performance

hrfunk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
Ohio
Hi all. I just got back from the CMP East Coast Games at Camp Butner NC. I shot my JRA 1903 A4 in the Vintage Sniper Match and managed to score a 99 1-X from 300 yards and a 96 3-X from 600 yards. That's some of the best shooting I've ever done in my life and I am extremely psyched. I just thought I'd post a quick note here on the performance of my rifle AND the 2.5X Hi Lux scope that's mounted to it.

HRF

Good shooting.

Tell me more about the Scope. Who made it? What type of recital?

What were the top shooters using???

My partner and I ended up in fifth place overall, I'm not sure if we constitute the "top shooters" by your definition, but my partner was using a Lyman Alaskan on his original 03A4. He shot a 98 from 300 and an 89 from 600, that's pretty fair shootin' too; especially for a 70 year old rifle! I can't really tell you what the people who placed above us were using since I was busy shooting and not watching them. I can tell you I saw a wide assortment of optics. There were several original 8X Unertl's in use, as well as some of the new Hi Lux reproductions of that same scope. As I said above, my scope is a Hi Lux reproduction of the WWII era M73B1 (Weaver 330). It's a 2.5X scope with a fine cross hair reticle. You can see a photo of it at the James River Armory website.

HRF

Well I'm thinking you and your partner did pretty damn good with your 2.5s against the 8X scopes.

Good shooting, congrats.