• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jtac vs Gen3 Tangent Theta

Jtac vs MilGen3

• Total voters

Misfit_

The Crimson Ghost
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2019
For a relatively new shooter wanting to get into PRS/ long range shooting in general. what would you recommend, or say would be easier to learn between these two reticles. Im open to other opinions as well.

I'd say the JTAC is a pretty advanced reticle. It favors opening up the FOV over the ability to make precise holdovers. That's because the JTAC guys teach to dial everything.

Reactions: superde
Hard to say exactly. The first thing will be what your preference is as far as dialing everything (including wind most of the time) vs holding.

There’s enough to write several pages on the pros and cons of each.

You won’t know your preference for probably 6mo or more into shooting matches as you’ll be learning about shooting and about yourself. I can say that I have almost none of the same preferences now that I had a few years ago.

I personally dial everything I possibly can, but am also comfortable with holding (with or without a tree) end use the tree probably less than 10 times a year. So for my I prefer a non tree.

Short answer, spend as much time between different reticles as possible. You’ll learn pretty fast what your eye “likes.”

I'd say the JTAC is a pretty advanced reticle. It favors opening up the FOV over the ability to make precise holdovers. That's because the JTAC guys teach to dial everything.
What happens on a no dial stage?

I speculate the JTAC guys would say the benefits of the reticle outweigh the disadvantages considering the infrequency of those types of stages at AG cup qualifier level matches they shoot.

I guess it depends on what part of the country.

Since 2018 in the South Texas and Houston area I’ve shot probably 80 or more matches.

Probably 10 no dial stages. And even then, it’s rare to be holding more than 2mil of wind. And it’s fairly windy down here all the time.

On those rare states, you just walk the reticle up to you hold on the vertical and then move it over to the windage by referencing the main horizontal.

It’s also rare those targets are small and that’s whole point (if no dial stage was designed right) that you don’t have to be precise, just fast.

We have one TT525P 5-25x56 JTAC left in stock! It's not on our site so call us at 916-670-1103 :)

Here's a recent happy customer with his TT525P JTAC

EK TT JTAC.JPG