• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

July 13 1985, a great moment in music history.

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
I can....to a point....enjoy a persons "art" aside from how I feel about that person as a person. This guy is one of those people. The man could entertain at a level that is just not common. Had a voice not often seen. If you like the music or not you should understand the ability of the man to sing. If you have never watched it before you should, I doubt you will come away without the thought, he could entertain. It was an event and an entertainer the likes the world will never see again.

1689258754946.png

For some reason I wasn't a big Queen fan back then. It could be that I was in high school during that time and most of my classmates looked down on that guy for his sexual preferences. It also could have been that they played their music way too much on the radio. It just got old.

I saw the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, when it came out in 2018, and it shed a new light on Queen for me. I've come to appreciate their music more since then.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Still remember the first time I heard Bohemian Rhapsody. AM radio, as I recall.

Years ago I read an article comparing music of the past to today's. At the time Beyounce was considered a "talented musician." Her song, "Run the World," was compared to Mercury's BR. It took five writers to compose basically two lyrics repeated ad nauseam while Mercury wrote a masterpiece.

IMO it was like comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari.

Reactions: Redheeler and Ichi
For some reason I wasn't a big Queen fan back then. It could be that I was in high school during that time and most of my classmates looked down on that guy for his sexual preferences. It also could have been that they played their music way too much on the radio. It just got old.

I saw the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, when it came out in 2018, and it shed a new light on Queen for me. I've come to appreciate their music more since then.
I was the same way, and likely for the same reasons. I remember when the police first got hot. Every other song on the radio was off that stupid album.

I liked the music of Queen. And, on a good day, I can get that Roger Taylor note in "Bohemian Rhapsody."