• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

July 4 Parade

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

OVER....
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
BF East Texas
Centerville Texas, Wednesday

Finally have my 5 ton restored enough to do the parade.
I did not serve (one of my few regrets) so I want to be sure this wont offend any vets or anyone other than libs.
This is my way of giving back a little.
Thanks to those who did serve...
20180701_171138.jpg
20180701_171344.jpg

That is awesome!

I'll have the Mutt out on the 4th, if it isn't 100 $#@ing degrees. Next saturday is an MVPA meet near me. Going up to that with an assortment of toys!

Great restoration on that truck!!!! Gorgeous!

I keep thinking that an FMTV is in my future... Damn you can buy those things for nothing.

Cheers,

Sirhr

where you gusy buying this shit?
PM me

That is awesome!

I'll have the Mutt out on the 4th, if it isn't 100 $#@ing degrees. Next saturday is an MVPA meet near me. Going up to that with an assortment of toys!

I keep thinking that an FMTV is in my future... Damn you can buy those things for nothing.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Restored a '41 Indian also, it rides on the back
That is awesome!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Thanks! Most Parts for these things are cheap too! Cheaper and faster to buy new doors and paint em than buy all the parts and restore doors.
Guaranteed to be 100+ in the cab at parade speeds, this is how we plan on dealing with that!
20180701_183250.jpg

Reactions: 1J04
Amazing restoration. No small amount of work!

Bigger star would look better. also a kilroy was here somewhere on taht thing, and a middle finger in magic marker , nice job man.

Whenever Kilroy gets mentioned, I think of one of the most amazing Kilroy stories from the book Secrets of Inchon by Eugene Clark. Clark was a Naval intelligence officer tasked with covertly measuring the Inchon harbor seawalls, determining which mud flats could bear vehicles, locating the shore defense gun emplacements, and seeing whether the channel was mined. Truly epic story of sampam naval battles, midnight raids, swimming to the seawalls buck naked with a .45, fending of North Korean attacks on his island base of operations, and so much more. Clark's final task was to secure the lighthouse on Palmi-Do island and light the beacon so MacArthur's invasion fleet could navigate the hazardous channel in the pre-dawn hours. Clark left a Kilroy Was Here on the lighthouse door, knowing the Marines that found it later would be dumbfounded. Clark was a badass, two Silver Stars and a Navy Cross. Amazing first-person account, I highly recommend his book.

Thanks for the book recommendation! I will look that one up!

Another good one on the early UDT's is Web Foot Warriors, written c. 1960 by Herbert? Best. Great read about the formation of the UDT's and their missions right up until the Seal teams started. Some very tough guys!

BTW, ODA 555 (The Triple Nickel) did the same thing in Afghanistan.... Painted a red 555 on the tower at Bagram. Then left!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sweet truck.....sweet motorcycle.......dosen't matter if you served,.....it's your attitude to all the bull shit that's going on.......that's what matters.......you never know what the future brings. be ready to stand tall......the time may be soon be up on us......we are the the new American Patroits........

Great paint job. That took a lot of sanding.

Thanks alot guys . I'm in the Raman noodle stretch of my fiscal year . Ammo and reloadong suplies have been purchased as well as any other toys for the year . And now hey look at what you can buy . That LMTV is friggin awesome . My buddy is Striker Brigade National Guard outta Philly . I'm sure there's a few guy with experience on these there . If I'M not mistaken they may srill run some .

he needs something heavy duty to move all his ammo

and really man, great job on the truck, and not to bust it, but i think armyjerry is right, maybe make the star bigger

The door star would be perfect on the tank of the WLA.

really dude, i dont want to sound nuthin, you really did a great job.
i love the sheen on the paint, satin?
Well I did research on the paint for the 1941 bike and it is a lighter shade flat olive drab. After 1944 it went a shade darker, so I bought both to see and the darker was semi gloss so of course I had to mix the two colors together and that's what went on the truck.
Here are the different shades mixed in the middle. I used to do this kinda work for a living now I do it for fun...
IMG_0661.JPG

Nicer looking than any I ever used! I always thought the 5 ton was badass.

I'd like one of those LMTV's, ugly as hell but for $4000 and little use I'd like to rip the cab off and make it into a war pig. Like a big ass 2.5ton go cart with a .50. A nice portable range. I had the idea to put a winch crane in it but you one upped that. Maybe one day...

If you were closer and had a post we could arm it up for the parade!

Well that parade was the most humbling and patriotic experience I have ever had! It was huge for such a small town(pop. 892) I don't have pics of the parade itself yet but it took about 30-45 minutes on the route thru town.
We got cheered by crowds, saluted and thanked by several vets.
Gonna have to step it up for next year...
20180704_083154.jpg
20180704_083409.jpg

the wife not me, I'm to old and ugly

Well that parade was the most humbling and patriotic experience I have ever had! It was huge for such a small town(pop. 892) I don't have pics of the parade itself yet but it took about 30-45 minutes on the route thru town.
We got cheered by crowds, saluted and thanked by several vets.
Gonna have to step it up for next year...
View attachment 6920218View attachment 6920219
the wife not me, I'm to old and ugly

complete awesomeness

dude, i so love my hiab 650a knuckle boom crane

side note, i use that same strap to S.P.I.E. rig the kids around the yard with the truck and crane, then pusset wrap other 4 ft slings to the yellow 10 and its carnie time, sorry Geno, had to, your much more of a class act than us down here, lol...

Very well done. The paint is impeccable. give some thought to unit designations on the bumpers. I would suggest C-1/327, 101 but that's just my own bias. Perhaps the unit of a family member.

Very well done. The paint is impeccable. give some thought to unit designations on the bumpers. I would suggest C-1/327, 101 but that's just my own bias. Perhaps the unit of a family member.
Thanks
Well this has rekindled an interest in finding out my fathers Military history. We were not that close and I have nothing but a memory.
Any help on where to start?

Last edited:
Thanks
Yes.. As I have had no unit designation am open for suggestions. My dad was at Ft. Brag I think in Texas? crap that was NC
Ah Ft Bliss
I did basic in Texas, so, not for me. The uniti I thought of was the battalion and first company I served with in VN, but like I said, it should be soemthing that means something to you. Could always use the Night Stalkers unit designation, or 5th SF, or hell, even SOCOM or or the new Space Forces unit designation. Whatever. Just research it and get it correct, since like the Star, it should be accurate. The rest of that truck from top to bottom is incredible.

I did basic in Texas, so, not for me. The uniti I thought of was the battalion and first company I served with in VN, but like I said, it should be soemthing that means something to you. Could always use the Night Stalkers unit designation, or 5th SF, or hell, even SOCOM or or the new Space Forces unit designation. Whatever. Just research it and get it correct, since like the Star, it should be accurate. The rest of that truck from top to bottom is incredible.
Edited my prior post for help on where to start research
Thanks