• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

July 4th Firearms of Freedom Post

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    From Friday July 3 until Monday July 6th post here a your range photos of an American Mil Surp range session.

Break out your Brown Bess, 1863 Springfield, 1903, Garand, M1A, M40A1, M4 carbine - Weapons of Freedom - doing there thing in celebration of July 4th.

Reactions: Jgunner and Doc68
    Will try to get some photos Sat.

Some have already had some fun so I won't post any '51 colt navy or 98k photos. :-D

I tried going to an indoor range close to me today to test some homespun .40 but they required a mask to get in, so fuck that bullshit. I guess I’ll just have to drive downtown and wait to get attacked to test my new ammo...

I tried going to an indoor range close to me today to test some homespun .40 but they required a mask to get in, so fuck that bullshit. I guess I’ll just have to drive downtown and wait to get attacked to test my new ammo...
    they dont actually require a mask, they just saw you were trying to shoot .40 and were trying to send you a message.

they dont actually require a mask, they just saw you were trying to shoot .40 and were trying to send you a message.
    I know it’s not that hard hittin .32acp you shoot but it’s what I can handle 😁

• Haha
    Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I like seeing walnut and parkerizing but Ive had the M40A1 gear packed for a trip the last three weeks....

P7049457[1].JPG

P7049460[1].JPG

P7049461[1].JPG

P7049462[1].JPG

P7049464[1].JPG

P7049465[1].JPG

P7049466[1].JPG

Looks like I was a little optimistic on plotting my 8s......

P7049467[1].jpg

Hoped to add a few more rifles in here but looks like I have overtimes both Saturday and Sunday.

Ill see if I can get some walnut out Monday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

Just bump into a big, fat, ugly,______, hog, with an attitude and big mouth. Then wait for her to stand behind your car. That should get it going.

Reactions: Dewey7271
    Dont have anything in the relic class, but Sunday going to the farm up in the hills with member James Bailey to shoot out to 700. Probably put some rounds out of the 686 as well. Ill try to post some photos Sunday night. Tomorrow its just beer,BBQ, and the back yard and the Remington Marine Magnum to make a lot of noise and shatter some old scratched vinyl albums.

Usually run a tank through this on the 4th to close the night out. I know it’s not an issue one , but damn the roots sure go back to service. Impossible to show pics of groups after “firing” sorry
    534E4457-5D47-4FAB-B5A8-1F20340112A7.jpeg

Best I can do......M1 Garand......Fulton Armory rebuild, all matching numbers, new Krieger barrel.
    A can of vintage 30.06 in bandoliers, E clips............it was a gift, yet to be fired........maybe tomorrow I will figure how those bandoliers will fit back in that can.

IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1865.JPG

Best I can do......M1 Garand......Fulton Armory rebuild, all matching numbers, new Krieger barrel.
    A can of vintage 30.06 in bandoliers, E clips............it was a gift, yet to be fired........maybe tomorrow I will figure how those bandoliers will fit back in that can.

View attachment 7366020View attachment 7366021

Good looking Garand.

Is that GI wood? It has the color but looks virgin.

Lets see the heel.

WWII trigger guard, post WWII sights. What else is going on there?

Reactions: j-huskey
    I got a Rock-Ola. Beautiful pieces, probably the coolest of the carbines I own. The IBM AO stamped is second in line. Parts of history that only bring mystery to mind when I hold one. You never know where It was or who held that particular one and what it has been witness to.

I got a Rock-Ola. Beautiful pieces, probably the coolest of the carbines I own. The IBM AO stamped is second in line. Parts of history that only bring mystery to mind when I hold one. You never know where It was or who held that particular one and what it has been witness to.
    [/QUOTE

I've tried to pick up some nice military type weapons throughout the years. I try and enjoy thinking of the stories behind them also.
    I live on the True Grit Trail by the way !

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    I got quite a few U.S property marked items in the safe now. The coolest by far is probably a Winchester 1883 Low Wall “Winder Musket” that is chambered for 22 short. It is a good shooter despite being a falling block/single shot
    F316426D-C677-4E08-9F84-2136525DF4B6.jpeg
    5567468C-D91B-4146-8716-2D9E44E8AD79.jpeg

@Sandhog308 and I hail from Arkansas, about an hour away from Judge Parker’s courthouse. That is a neat pace to go see if you haven’t already.

Adams.

and he hails from the only state in the Union that 100 percent bans fireworks to its citizens - MA.

Our AG just sent out a "cease and desist" order to NH fireworks sellers because they send sales flyers to MA.

MA = CCCP
    I love how every road sign in MA is "FIREWORKS ILLEGAL, FINES OR JAIL TIME".....every.single.sign.

Funny, damn near every other state is smart enough to enjoy fireworks without killing themselves

Reactions: oneshot86
    I love how every road sign in MA is "FIREWORKS ILLEGAL, FINES OR JAIL TIME".....every.single.sign.

Funny, damn near every other state is smart enough to enjoy fireworks without killing themselves

Every state down south has giant billboards advertizing fireworks "Exit 40" or whatever.

Seemed like a waste of time to me as having only taken a few exits I realized whether I went right or left at the end of the ramp the first thing I would see was a place selling fireworks.

Reactions: oneshot86
    Every state down south has giant billboards advertizing fireworks "Exit 40" or whatever.

Seemed like a waste of time to me as having only taken a few exits I realized whether I went right or left at the end of the ramp the first thing I would see was a place selling fireworks.
    North Carolina has stupid laws with fireworks as well. We are not allowed to have anything that explodes or goes into the air under its own power. Lots of stores on 95 going into South Carolina at a place called South of the Border

• Angry
    Reactions: Maggot
    North Carolina has stupid laws with fireworks as well. We are not allowed to have anything that explodes or goes into the air under its own power. Lots of stores on 95 going into South Carolina at a place called South of the Border

Same here in Virginia, and no 190 proof grain alcohol. Fucking pussy/nanny bullshit.

You can't find any moonshine, most I've ever tasted had to be 190 proof.......

I go back home to Arkansas for the good moonshine