• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jump on 250gr Scenars

TimResin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I really do that much load development when I got my GAP .338 Lapua i just picked a safe load i when I found it already have great accuracy I kept using it. I have done 1/2 moa at 100(which is very difficult considering the size) less than a 1in at 300 and around 3 inches at 850. Everyonce in a while I get a stiff bolt lift, I am loading them at 3.6 COAL with 91gr RL25 Lapua Brass F215M. So I decided to try loading at 3.647 (.020 jump to lands) same velocities same sd and even es. So I'm wondering can I expect the same accuracy since I was jumping them .066 before and now its just .020? So still a decent jump. Not sure but I thought scenars liked a good jump?

I really do that much load development when I got my GAP .338 Lapua i just picked a safe load i when I found it already have great accuracy I kept using it. I have done 1/2 moa at 100(which is very difficult considering the size) less than a 1in at 300 and around 3 inches at 850. Everyonce in a while I get a stiff bolt lift, I am loading them at 3.6 COAL with 91gr RL25 Lapua Brass F215M. So I decided to try loading at 3.647 (.020 jump to lands) same velocities same sd and even es. So I'm wondering can I expect the same accuracy since I was jumping them .066 before and now its just .020? So still a decent jump. Not sure but I thought scenars liked a good jump?

I shoot the 250s (SMKs, Scenars, LockBase and Berger OTMs) out of my 1:12" TRG-42 and I can load out to ~3.730" before I hit the front of the mag box.

You just have to play with things and see what you see.

250Berger338test2.jpg

Chris

I've shot the 250 Scenars for several years now and they are very jump tolerant. 3.681" is the Lapua standard COAL and in my rifles it's given me about 0.02" jump, but I've seated them deeper as well as to the lands and it didn't make a whole lot of difference for me.