• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos June 17th is Bunker Hill Day

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    1623625880313.png

Tommorow is Flag Day, New Colors.

DU7QiGSl.jpg

olcZF3Ll.jpg

orwcagNl.jpg

Du84hGll.jpg

s8TU6Rll.jpg

As a matter of interest @308pirate s last command is in the fore of the picture, port of the Constitution.

Last edited:
    ICE in a Manhattan????

View attachment 7646573

Horror

It was a long walk and hot....I like my ice.

Guessing you use that fag Martini glass.

Waiter asked what I wanted I said a Bulleit Manhattan not in a Martini glass but in a tumbler, with the ice.

Him - So you want it down?

Me - I dont want it in a Martini glass, I want it in a tumbler with the ice.

It was a long walk and hot....I like my ice.

Guessing you use that fag Martini glass.

Waiter asked what I wanted I said a Bulleit Manhattan not in a Martini glass but in a tumbler, with the ice.

Him - So you want it down?

Me - I dont want it in a Martini glass, I want it in a tumbler with the ice.
    Old people are so set in their ways

• Haha
    Reactions: pmclaine
    Well...

The proper construction of Manhattans aside, this inscription caught my eye -

Clipboard01.jpg

When I was much younger, I would have read that and thought how those sacrifices were so much closer in Daniel Webster's memory, thought it a touching sentiment... and moved on.

As an older man, I understand that what he said there in 1826 is an obligation that gets passed down to each succeeding generation of Americans. It's our turn, our time, to take it up.

It's worth reading Webster's entire speech.

Well...

The proper construction of Manhattans aside, this inscription caught my eye -

View attachment 7646639

When I was much younger, I would have read that and thought how those sacrifices were so much closer in Daniel Webster's memory, thought it a touching sentiment... and moved on.

As an older man, I understand that what he said there in 1826 is an obligation that gets passed down to each succeeding generation of Americans. It's our turn, our time, to take it up.

It's worth reading Webster's entire speech.

I specifically included the second picture because that line caught my eye and its a challenge for each suceeding generation of Americans.

Reactions: rhsc